Monday, March 19, 2007

A Little Monday Morning This and That....

The weekend was beautiful. The weather was just perfect....I'm sorry if you're still dealing with winter where you live. HB and I worked in the yard. He trimmed our grape vines, the apple trees, and I did some research about my agapanthus. A few of them didn't do very good with the very cold snap we had earlier this year. I thought I might try to transplant them to a better location. I just don't have a green thumb when it comes to outside plants. I do great with plants that grow inside but the others don't seem to respond to me!!

I have a spider plant that my Aunt Dotti gave to me back in the early 80's. I have re-started babies from that plant so many times I've lost count. I had several spider plants from those babies that grew to be huge, draping plants....and this was while HB and I were traveling around in our RV!! One of my friends in Colorado ended up with the two biggest plants and the last time I talked with her she said they were still going. That one original spider plant has left babies all across the country! Right now I have one of the babies in our family room.



I have to keep it away from Harley and LuLu because they like to chew on the leaves. Not good! I think this plant might be a great-great-great-great-great-great grandchild of the plant Aunt Dotti gave me!! I know there's been a lot of them.

Over the weekend I also received some fantastic ATCs from the talented Maryellen. She does such amazing artwork.



I don't have a favorite from these because each of them is a different style and all of them are wonderful. Thank you so much, Maryellen. These are great. Oh, and she also sent me some fabulous papers, too. They're so beautiful that I don't want to cut into them!!



This is just a sampling of some of them. I just sit and look at them!!

There's still time to enter the drawing for my giveaway for One World One Heart. The drawing will be on the 21st but I won't be mailing out the package until the 23rd at the very earliest. HB and I are going to Las Vegas that weekend and I may not have time to get to the post office until we return. Be patient with me....I will get it to the winner ASAP!!

11 comments:

  1. Lucky you, those are some beautiful cards that you recieved and the papers hold endless possibilities. We are coming out of the deep-freeze-thank goodness..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janet,

    I bet anthropologists from the future will wonder why there are so many spider plants that all seem related in North America. It is all because of your Aunt! ;-)

    Nice prizes in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Spider Plant reminded me that I had one of these plants when I was first married a "long" time ago.
    I love the cards that you received and the papers as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Janet, what a wonderful post. Those ATCs you received are beautiful and I LOVE those papers. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOvely cards and papers you received - my favourite is the one with the wolf because I love wolves. My dad used to grow spider plants, unlike you I can grow stuff outside but am instant death to any house plant:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful papers, I hope you put them somewhere where you can see them, and then USE them. they'll be sad otherwise I think...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spider plants! Amazing things they are - great fun, and so long lasting! I love the shadows they cast in the sunlight..
    The ATCs and the papers are gorgeous! I'm drawn to the wolf one - I love wolves and watching programmes about them.
    Thank you so much for the lovely comment you left on my Mother's Day post, Janet - you were indeed a part of our celebrations! I think you & my Mum would get on well :) She has twice as much energy as I do, and she'll be 67 at the end of this month, bless her!
    Have a lovely week, Janet.
    Hugs,
    Suze xXx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember spider plants. I used to have one with two shades of green. It got so big and annoying that I got rid of it. Not on purpose, but I forgot to water it. Like all my plants, they just die.

    The ATCs are fabulous. I wish I could get back to my cards, but now is not the time. Year end stuff at work, so overtime calls.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spider plants can take over sometimes. I don't have one at the moment. I gave the last one away, it did so well and even had tiny white flowers on it from time to time. But..it got too big and so it went to a new home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love spider plants. The art work is great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved reading the story about your Aunt Dotti's spider plant. I like to think of little baby spider plants everywhere - a legacy from her!
    Ooh, the ATC's MaryEllen sent you are gorgeous. As are the papers - isn't it wonderful to get new papers in the mail? Very exciting...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!