Followers

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Simply Finding Water....

Yesterday I said I would be back later with my comments on "Finding Water"....and that didn't happen. Then today being Sunday I usually talk about my past week of "Simple Abundance"....and that hasn't happened either. The past week was just a bit of a blur for me. It whizzed by at lightening speed and here I am at the end, almost ready for next week and I feel that I've let you down.

I think I can safely say I have over-extended myself! Gee, do ya think?! I have been trying to re-read "Simple Abundance" thinking it would give me a new perspective on things but the simple truth is I've read it several times and I think I'm ready to move on to something else.

I signed up for the "Finding Water" group and have not been very good about writing about it for the first couple of weeks. The past week's lessons were particularly difficult for me. And I fell down on my morning pages towards the end of the week. I didn't do my artist's date....actually I forgot all about it! And I did not go for a long walk. So if I were the teacher I would give me a failing grade for this week!

Next week I plan to do better. I will try to come up with something for an artist's date (kind of hard to do around here though 'cause it's just not an exciting town!!) and I will do my pages again each morning and I plan to begin walking at the park closeby since the weather has been so nice. (It was in the 80's today!!) So I hope to be back on track by this time next week.

I saw another quiz thingy that I liked....


Your Dominant Thinking Style: Modifying

Super logical and rational, you consider every fact available to you.
You don't make rash decisions and are rarely moved by emotion.

You prefer what's known and proven - to the new and untested.
You tend to ground those around you and add stability.


********************************************

And don't forget to sign up for my giveaway....it's on yesterday's post. Just leave me a comment. I forgot to tell you that the drawing will be on the 21st but I won't mail it out probably until the 26th because HB and I will be out-of-town for a few days. I hope that's not a problem for anyone.

11 comments:

  1. Hello Janet...I too have not done the "Finding Water" program very well this week...but I bet she had weeks like this when she was writing the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear ... If I was your teacher I would say, tomorrow is a new day and you can always start again. Don't be hard on yourself!

    I'm having some issues with many books that are intended to awaken/reclaim your creativity. I've actually been working up to writing something about it. Stay tuned ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried the quiz, but I was stymied when I got to the question about the plasma t.v. There was no "Who needs a plasma t.v.?" option!! I don't know how people -- especially those who do art AND blog -- have time to watch t.v.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fortunately, we are not being graded! So just jump back in wherever you feel is right for you. Glad you're with us on this journey! Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Week 3 of FW was difficult for alot of us....I actually want to do it over and do it better next time....but will wait til the end ...when I may want to revisit the whole thing.:-) Your honesty is refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. don't feel badly!! it's a new week! :-)

    i tend to over-extend myself as well. it's easy to do, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janet don't worry about letting us down - life happens! This week was a tough one for me, too - but I have faith in the next week going better. I don't think there's a 'pass or fail' there's just the journey, if that makes any sense. And we live in a pretty sleep little town too. During the AW I had to reframe my idea of what constituted an 'Artust's Date' - reading Cameron's AD book helped some with that...my AD this week was taking a bubblebath with candles - something I haven't done in ages.
    Wishing you a happy week! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't spread yourself too thin! It's so easy to do, isn't it. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know that too many things and not enough time scenario. I have a lot of interests so just tend to have one that gets more attention than the others at a time.Right now gardening is top of the list but everything gets a turn eventually.My blog entries have dropped to two or three a week because it was beginning to take over my life and I don't want that to happen. Actually living life is more important than reading and writing about it I think. So, no feelings of guilt just because you haven't blogged for a day or two:):)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Janet I am with you on the extending yourself just a little too much this week.

    I am not sure were the week went even with today monday a public holiday here I still have no time to address all that I would like to. But am so tired and not ready for the week ahead.

    It is so nice to be able to take a moment to sit here and read all my friends blogs and catch up if only for a moment or two.

    my your day be filled with creativity and hope.
    Lee-ann

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am an explorer.

    Now I've done it, Another thing that I can't find is Julia Cameron's Artist Way. So,

    I ordered the "Finding Water, Artist Way, and Artist Way Workbook"

    I know I have the Walking book, but I am not going to order that one, since "Finding Water" sounds more interesting, and besides, I will find all my missing books, as soon as the order arrives.

    I'm still looking for "Clones Lace" book; it's somewhere.

    I hope this "Finding Water" makes me find other waters, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!