Friday, April 13, 2007

70 Quirks About Me

If you've been reading my blog for any length of time you know I love doing memes! So when Maryellen tagged me she knew what she was doing! Without further ado here are 70 Quirks About Me....


1.What are your initials?
JKB

2. What is your favorite thing to wear?
Jeans

3. Last thing you ate?
Blueberries. They were my dessert (I'm writing this on Thursday night)

4. Nastiest thing you've ever eaten?
A sweet roll covered in ants!! Don't ask!

5. I say Shotgun, you say?
"Wouldn't you rather drive?"

6. Last person you hugged?
HB

7. How many U.S states have you been to?
I think it's 28.

8. What state did you dislike the most?
I wouldn't say I disliked it but I wouldn't want to live in Wyoming! HB and I got snowed in for several days when we were trying to pass through Wyoming. It's beautiful but too much snow for me!

9. How many of the U.S states have you lived in?
I think nine!

10. Does anyone you know wanna date you?
I sincerely doubt it!!

11. Name something you like physically about yourself.
My hair. It's easy to care for and I actually like the gray!

12. What is your favorite romance movie?
This may sound strange but "Ghost"....it was one of the first movies that HB and I saw together.

13. Who is your best friend?
After HB it would be Gail....we've been friends since we were about nine years old!

14. Why are you still up?
It's not past my bedtime yet!

15. Who/What made you angry today?
The wind! It was blowing about 90 MPH and just got very irritating.

16. Favorite type of Food?
Mexican and Chinese

17. Favorite holidays?
I like them all!!

18. Do you download music?
Nope.

19. Do you care if your socks are dirty?
Yes! I don't want to wear dirty clothes.

20. What age did you start noticing the opposite sex?
It must have been early because I got in trouble in first grade for kissing a boy behind the stage curtain!! His name was Billy Bond.

21. Have you ever cheated on a test?
I don't think so....but any test I took was a loooong time ago!

22. Has anyone ever sang or played for you personally?
Yes

23. Do you love anyone?
I love lots of people.

24. Do you like Bush?
I have some very nice bushes in my yard that I like but if you're referring to the one in the White House then my answer would have to be a loud NO!

25. Have you ever bungee jumped?
You must be kidding, right!!

26. Have you ever gone white-water rafting?
See answer above!!

27. Has anyone ten years older than you ever hit on you?
I don't think so. I've mostly dated (and married) younger guys. Besides now if a guy was 10 years older than me he probably wouldn't have the energy to hit on me!!

28. How much money ya got in ya pocket?
Zip....zilch....nada....I don't carry money in my pockets.

29. Have you met a real redneck?
Sure....hasn't everyone?

30. How is the weather right now?
Windy and cold.

31. What are you listening to right now?
The tap-tap-tap of the keyboard as I type this!

32. What is your current favorite song?
I don't really have one.

33. What was the last movie you watched?
I don't even remember the last time I went to a movie theater (!!!) and I seldom watch movies at home so I guess I just don't remember.

34. Do you wear contacts?
I did for years but now it's glasses.

35. Where was the last place you went besides your house?
Oh, this is exciting....Staples for storage boxes!!

36. What are you afraid of?
Everyone knows this one. All together now.....SNAKES!

37. How many piercings have you had?
Three

38. How many pets do you have?
Two cats

39. What's one thing you've learned?
Only one! You can't take it with you so you might as well enjoy it.

40. What do you usually order from Starbucks?
I used to like hazelnut lattes when I still drank coffee.

41. What's your favorite book?
That's like asking me who is my favorite child! I just love most books.

42. Have you ever fired a gun?
Yes

43. Are you missing someone?
Sure....lots of people.

44. Favorite TV show?
Lost

45. Do you have an iPod?
Nope

46. Has anyone ever said you looked like a celeb?
Yes. I used to have people tell me I looked like Bette Midler, especially around the time she made The Rose....I had my hair like hers then.

47. If you had a daughter, what would you name her?
I do, and her name is Molly.

48. Who would you like to see right now?
All my blogger friends!

49. Favorite movie of all time?
Don't have one.

50. Do you find yourself loved?
Yes

51. Have you ever been caught doing something you weren't supposed to?
No, of course not....I'm perfect! What a crazy question!!

52. Favorite flower?
I like to draw lilies, I like to smell lilacs, gardenias and jasmine but I love zinnias for all their colors.

53. Butter, plain, or salted popcorn?
I don't eat it anymore but I when I did I liked a little salt and just a little butter.

54. What Magazines are you reading?
Cloth Paper Scissors

55. Have you ever ridden in a limo?
Nope

56. Has anyone you were really close to passed away recently?
Not recently

57. Have you ever been on stage?
I've been told I should be on a stage....the next one out of town!!

58. What's something that really bugs you?
Bigots, hypocrites, and people who think their ideas are the only way to go.

59. Do you prefer scary movies or comedies?
I like a good drama and an occasional comedy but never scary movies.

60. Do you like Michael Jackson?
I think he's a bit strange! I like some of his music. But we aren't bosom buddies or anything like that.

61. What's your favorite smell?
There are many....coffee brewing, bread baking, the flowers I mentioned earlier, and just the fresh soap smell when HB gets out of the shower.

62. Favorite baseball team?
Is this a joke question??!

63. Favorite cereal?
Steel-cut oatmeal. I used to eat Cheerios and Rice Krispies and Puffed Wheat.

64. Have you ever milked a cow?
Kind of!

65. What's the longest time you've gone without sleep?
A couple of days.

66. Last time you went bowling?
Many years ago!

67. Where is the weirdest place you have slept?
In my car. I lead a very tame life.

68. Have you ever cut your own hair?
Yes but mostly just the bangs.

69. Last time you were at work?
I left my last job in 1992.

70. What is the closest orange object to you?
An inspirational card that sits by my computer....



********************************************

I have received a couple of blog awards, and a beautiful gift from Rowan and I will be putting those items on my blog either later today or tomorrow at the latest.

15 comments:

  1. Good morning Janet, Thank you for coming by. The picture you saw is of my Great Grandparents and my Grandma Stinnet. The picture of she and Grandpa are on my blog. The one about Grandpa's hat.
    Loved you me...I looked at you blogs last night, all of them. Yes, i am a night person. You are certainly loved by all the bloggers who visit. Have a great day...I will take a picture of this picture. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it, Janet! I may have to steal..er....borrow this one! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet what wonderful answers you have given it make me feel as though I know you a lot better now.
    And about question 61---what I want to know is even though my husband and I use the same soap and hair shampoo when we shower how come he always smell a lot nicer that I do?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must say I did laugh out loud at a number of your answers. Bette Midler huh? I don't see it, but maybe the hairdo would make a difference. This was a fun one to do and a fun one to read.

    Are you gonna join in Vicci's challenge. She has caused quite a comotion with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always enjoy your meme's - they are at once funny and an insight to you all at the same time.
    It's been VERY windy here too but I know how they get where you are - almost like the French Mistrals. acck!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I loved your answers! See what one learns from doing these little quizes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Janet - thanks for your comment on my blog! I've had a great time checking yours out and getting to know you! I'll definitely be back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful post! I love the piece of art you did! With the eyes thinking. Congradulations on winning awards on your blog!
    :) *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're a humorous woman.I enjoyed reading your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girlygirl, pleeeeeze tell me...what is steel cut oatmeal??? Love your orange card. True words!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Those are a lot of questions!
    You area a good sport to answer them! I like your "orange thing"!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cool... I like memes! Helps yalearn a lot about a person! whew ! 70 is quite a lot
    !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I love that orange inspirational card! And Lost. And smelling lilacs, jasmine and gardenias.

    The wind was kicking up a storm here yesterday, too - thank heavens it's died down some now. Hope it's calmer up there now, too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad you like meme's because I have such a lot of fun reading your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Reading this is the first thing I've done in blogland ALL WEEK,
    congratulations on winning a blog award WOWIE...signed best friend after HB, I'll try to get back in the swing of things after the week
    end.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!