Saturday, April 14, 2007

Many Thanks.....

I have recently received the first ever award for my blog and it came from Daisy! It's the Thinking Blogger award! I am completely flabbergasted by this!! I just don't get awards for anything. Daisy actually awarded this to me several days ago but I haven't had much computer time plus I had to actually think about it for awhile! Thank you, Daisy!

The instructions for receiving this award can be found here.

My nominations are as follows, in no particular order:
ART junk GIRL because Lia is always so inspiring and willing to share her creative "secrets"....her blog is fresh and fun and she makes me think about art in many different ways.

Red Shoe Ramblings. This was one of the first blogs I started reading, one of the first blogs that I got the nerve to comment on, and Deb was the first person to comment on my blog. She has a great sense of humor, is a fantastic photographer, does beautiful quilts, and just always puts a smile on my face and happiness in my heart.

Arty Fartying Around....Sue lives in South Africa, is a photographer, re-habs houses, and does wonderful art. She does the most beautiful "tours" of South Africa with her photographs....so much so that I feel that I've actually been there! She makes me think about parts of the world that are unfamiliar to me.

Beadlust....Robin is a bead artist among many other talents. Her work is very inspiring and she always encourages me to think about art in new and challenging ways. Robin showcases other bead artists and has written several books on beading. Her blog is always a beautiful place to visit.

Crazy Aunt Purl who will most likely never know she's been nominated!! But hers was another of the first blogs I read....and still read. She always makes me laugh, she has taught me a lot about knitting....and about life! She IS a thinking blogger because she couldn't write the interesting posts that she does if she wasn't thinking!! I love her and I think she has a big heart.

So that's my list of blogs to receive my nomination. Now you may have noticed something else new on my sidebar. Lisa sent out "Bright Light" awards to a lot of blogs and I was one of them! Thank you, Lisa for thinking of me as a bright light. Sometimes I think I'm only about a 25W!!

And my mail box had another surprise for me a couple of days ago. Rowan sent me a delicious package. I say that because when I opened it the most wonderful aroma wafted up from a Verbena sachet....then I found a beautiful, hand stitched (counted cross stitch) coaster!



This scan does not do it justice. The stitches are so tiny and so perfect....and in my most favorite color! Thank you, Rowan. I love it. I have done some counted cross stitch but I cannot imagine working with stitches this small. It is exquisite work.

*********************************************

I have some new photos on my other blog....the link is on the right side of my sidebar.

11 comments:

  1. CONGRADULATIONS! It is very much deserved!You are a wonderful person as well as artist. Doesn't take me long to THINK about that to figure it out.hehhehhehehe :)
    *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Janet, and thank you for naming me!!

    I got a note from Nellie nominating me for this too, and almost listed you in my pass-it-on post today, but saw that you said you'd gotten a couple of awards and I was just sure this was one of them and I wanted to try to list all people who had never been awarded anything for their blogs. This award was my first-ever blog award too and I'm thrilled, especially that two such wonderful bloggers both listed me. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

    PS...I'd forgotten I was your first commenter. That's cool!! :-)

    PPS...You should email Laurie and tell her you nominated her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the award Janet! You deserve it. Love the sachet that you got,,how special. I love Verbena too. Hope your having a great Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the award Janet.
    I love the coaster made for you by Rowan.
    Purple too...!
    Does it get any better...!
    Have a good weekend, we are supposed to get snow..!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to you! ain't it fun getting awards..I LOVE Bloggerville! What a great way to find new blogs! ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Janet!! It's a well-deserved award. Thanks for the fun new links to follow, too.
    And I LOVE reading Crazy Aunt Purl's blog - you know, if you leave her a comment about it, I bet she will know - she does read them - a couple of times when I've left her a comment she's responded back in the comments. Hey, everybody loves getting an award.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your award. I'm catching up here and also enjoyed reading your 70 things meme! I'll check out the blogs you nominated too..
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. congratulations Thinking Blogger, this was well deserved!
    Also, I never see anything but 100 watts minimum. :)

    What a lovely gift from Rowan, how thoughtful! (oh this blogging world)

    I now have some new blogs to explore...I do read Crazy Aunt Pearl, that girl has a way with words! Let her know!

    Hope you're having a good weekend!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congatulations on the award Janet! Well deserved too.

    Your blog is one of my favorites. And I visit it all the time.

    Thanks for the links to the other blogs too. Have been drooling over Robyn's beadlust one!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Janet! congratulations on your award! I always enjoy stopping by to see what you've got to say.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kudos, Janet, and thanks for your kind words about my blog!!!

    I'm way behind on my blog reading, but am looking at a few weeks ahead with only ONE teaching engagement, so may find some time to post and to read.

    Your blog is always the first on my list ;>) Robin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!