Wednesday, May 23, 2007

It's a New Day!!


image from bulgar.no-ip.info/downloads/snimki/wall/

I'm tired of whining about my creativity, and the selling of this house!! So from now on I'm only looking at the positive things that are happening to me right now. And that has to include all your wonderful comments and suggestions. Thank you for not just saying "Get over it!!!!"

The weather has been deliciously cool the past few days and I'm lovin' it. We even have to close the windows at night because it's chilly!! I planted a few flowers in the hope that they'll survive the wind and the coming summer heat. I enjoy seeing color in the yard so I'm going to have some flowers as long as they'll last.

My house looks better than it has in a looooong time and I find that I'm getting better and better at keeping it that way. Do you suppose this whole routine might rub off on me and I'll become a great housekeeper??


image from www.cleanabout.com

Nah, but it's nice for awhile! I'm buying fresh flowers each time I know people are coming to see the house. Besides the fact that they make the house look nice, they also make me feel good. Now that might be something I'll keep doing after the house sells.

My food choices are getting more simple every day....and I like that. No longer do I worry about "what will I fix for dinner" because mostly HB makes his own and I make my own....and mine is most likely a veggie and some fruit so it isn't difficult. I'm on a blueberry kick right now.


image from www.brainready.com

I actually like the frozen ones best and buy several packages each week!

None of these things are major, earth-shattering events but they are things that are working in my life right now. And both my kitties are happy and healthy which is wonderful. So many people have suffered the loss of a pet recently and my heart goes out to them. Harley and LuLu bring so much joy to our lives....I can't imagine what we would do without them.

All in all, life is pretty spectacular and I'm going to go with the flow. When the house sells, it sells. When I do some art I'll share it with you but I'm not going to drive myself nuts with worry about it.

Thanks to everyone who has suffered through all my whining and bitching! You gals are the best.

And finally.....YAY!!! Apolo and Julianne won! They are so cute together and I have enjoyed their dancing so much. Joey and Kym were very entertaining as well and I think it most likely just came down to who had the bigger fan base. Congratulations to both couples. If you had told me that one day I would be glued to the tv watching people dance in competion I would have laughed....but here I am. And I loved every minute of it. Well, not every minute! Clyde was really awful!!

********************************************

Now I'm off to give those maids a run for their money. There are bathrooms to clean, a bed to make, and floors that need attention. Wish me luck!

23 comments:

  1. I didn't know you were selling your house ( ? ? )
    where will you live next?
    Yes, "Always Look On the Bright Side of LIFE"

    ReplyDelete
  2. teehee.. Oh Janet, everyone's allowed a little grump session.. You deserve a MEDAL for trying to sell your house and keep a smile on your face!!
    I love the idea of blueberries. I brought some fresh cherries today, just cause. :)
    I have cleaning to do in a bit, but it can wait until I've read everyone happy blogs and hugged you..
    LOSt tonight!!
    PEace, Kai

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your positive attitude :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does everyone know where you're going except Becky and I? Have you found a new place already?

    ReplyDelete
  5. For Becky and Vallen - we haven't found anything yet but we are looking in TN.
    Kai - After tonight I'll be "lost" until next season begins!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. :) You seem very positive to me!
    Wonderful post!
    I hope that you sell your house soon. It's great to think of the weather. :) I love that!
    Your in love with Blueberries...and I'm in love with Watermelon! Although I love Strawberries too! Wish we lived closer we could get together and eat fruit. LOLOLOLOL
    Anyhoo, you take care!
    *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought blueberries and strawberries yesterday, and the strawberries are gone and gues what is getting washed next. Yep those blueberries. I love blueberries all year long! They are one of my favorite things along with lemons. I know I have strange tastes in food, but there you are.

    I'm glad the house is no longer an albatross and soon it will sell, I'm sure of it. If not, you are working with the pattern of your life as it is now, and that is very good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Domestic Goddess,
    nice to see you post, between house primping..LOL
    It is a pain, but it will be worth it, I'm sure you will sell soon, and find the house of your dreams.
    Fresh flowers every day is wonderful, and something you should keep doing, even if the house work doesn't get the same attention..!
    Big hugs Janet..
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeaaaaaa! Mz. Bee is coming back to the fun life! Oh my, isn't that a gorgeous sunset!!! And blueberries.......yum. I have them several times a week on my cheerios. No sugar, skim milk. Yum. And blackberries, and bananas and strawberries and raspberries.....oh STOP!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm just now catching up, and if that's as grumpy as you get, I can handle it :) We all have times that make us crabby, but I'm glad you're finding things to make you smile again - like blueberries - love 'em!

    My house looks even messier to me after being away for a week - I need to develop some of your housekeeping talent~XO

    P.S. I just saw Kai's comment, and realized I never saw last week's Lost! I better catch up before this week's is on! They've been getting more and more intense, haven't they?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never for one single moment thought you were whining or bitching. You have a lot on your plate and it's good to be able to scrape it clean once in awhile (so to speak). You always manage to make me smile!
    I just told G tonight we need to start eating just fruits and veggies. As for the cleaning? Well, it's been a good excuse to keep things that way...maybe what I should do is pretend we're selling ours...think that would work? LOL! Any leads on where you will go?
    Thinking of you...I do miss you!!
    BIG hugs!
    Love,
    Lisa
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  12. This post sounds like the artist Janet I forst met almost a year ago in the land of blogger! :)

    Have a nice day!...........now were did I hide my mop! O! never mind blogging is much more fun <^..^>

    Lee-ann

    ReplyDelete
  13. Poor Billy Ray was worse than Clyde! Yikes! I was also THRILLED that Apollo and Julianne won, and doubly glad when I saw what a mini-hissy fit Layla threw. Talk about a sore loser! She was not happy and she laughed it off but it was so spoiled of her!

    As for the blueberries and simple eating: I am now officially a mango-aterian! Mangoes are in season and scrumptious. I have to stand over the sink and let the juice drip down my arm, in order to eat them, though!

    And as for housekeeping! You may have an orderly house or a dwelling of creativity but rarely both!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay! Go get em Janet! (I love a good clean. When it happens that is...)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. The photo makes me hungry for blueberries! Glad to hear that you are getting fresh flowers as well as planting some! Celebrate May!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's so nice reading about ordinary and everyday things. Instead of feeling bad that life isn't exciting at the moment, you are celebrating the little things. We all need to do more of that.

    I too have been clued to the TW twin events of "Dancing...." Never did it before. Just got hooked this time. Must have been the cuteness factor of Apolo and Juliann but Laila fascinated me too. Loved watching her. Was sort of disappointed she did not go all the way but wasn't surprised. As you say, it's all about the fan base at that point.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Janet, everyone has blue times, but the summer makes everyone feel better. You can fly over the ocean and come and clean my house anytime you want, I would be honoured. lol! I am filling rooms with fresh flowers, I just love to in the Summer it makes inside look summery too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a glorious opening picture! And I am glad you are enjoying the clean house - if you are anything like me it will disappear the moment you get your crative zone back.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Clean houses are nice aren't they? But don't you wish you could be like Samantha on Bewitched and twitch your nose and it would be perfect? I always thought Darren was a loser cause he wouldnt' let her do that,,lol.
    Miss Ya Janet!!!
    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've never thought you were too grumpy. For some reason, I had it in my head that you weren't posting though so I haven't been here in a while. (I haven't been too many other places either though).

    It's good to hear you are looking at the positive and not being hard on yourself either.

    I'm so happy you're still posting!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fresh flowers are a great way to cheer yourself up!!! And sometimes I get my frustrations out by cleaning and scrubbing....prefer the flowers though.
    Sending love

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Janet,

    It`s been so long since I`ve visited. I see you`re selling you house. Hope all goes well and fast for you. Everyone is allowed to grump :)

    tea
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. I think the strain of trying to keep the house "buyer ready" all the time must be tremendous. I never ever think of you as grumpy!
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!