Monday, June 25, 2007

Happy Anniversary To Me.....

Yesterday was our 12th wedding anniversary and 17 years since we met. If you haven't already read about it and want to know about how we met, you'll find it here.

After having waffles on the patio, as we do every Sunday morning, we puttered in the yard and just had a lazy day. Then towards evening we went to a local Mexican restaurant and had dinner. No margaritas for me but HB had one and we sat and talked about how we met and what it's meant to both of us. HB is a romantic at heart.

We received a beautiful card from Gail and two ATCs she made for us....



For the first one she used a photo that I didn't even remember!! That was during HB's "Grizzly Adams" phase! And the second one was the photo I posted when I wrote about how HB and I met. Gail always surprises me with things like this. Thanks, Gail....we both loved these!

I also received a surprise package from Cinda. Look what she sent me....



Isn't that the cutest?!! She said when she saw it she thought of me! Can't understand why....a BEE and PURPLE flowers....Who'da guessed!! And doesn't it look pretty fluttering in the breeze on our patio? The hummingbirds were not sure what to make of it though. They kept trying to fly into it but there wasn't anything for them....and Harley and LuLu just sat at the sliding door and watched the ribbons fluttering and dancing. I just love it!! Thank you, Cinda. You're such a sweetie.

That's all I have for a Monday morning. I'll be around to visit everyone as soon as I can....I sure miss you on my three-day weekends. But it's nice having HB around so it's a good trade-off!!

24 comments:

  1. Belated Happy Anniversary Janet and HB..!
    We miss you Janet, but it's great you get to spend more time together..
    hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Happy Late Anniversary. I Love the ATCs that Gail made, how perfect. I have missed you while I was in NY, I got back sat. but had to recoop from the trip. I had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary to Ya'll!!
    It's funny how we all get into habits, we always have pancakes on Sunday mornings ;)
    Your gifts are so nice!
    You mentioned hummingbirds, I just can't seem to atract any this year, which is a bummer because I love them so...
    Have a good day!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sooOOooo embarrassed I could cry! I forgot about your wedding anniversary!!! Does anyone know of something to SHARPEN one's memory??!!! I remember I said to myself,"now, don't forget to WISH Janet and HB a "HAPPY Anniversary!" and I forgot!!! "HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!" sweeties!!!Woot! and I LOVE your atc's and thanks for the pic of your wind banner!!!GLAD YOU, HB, and all the critters are enJOYing it! LOL Love and prayers, xoCinda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary to you both!!



    Junie

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy Anniversary to you and HB :)
    I am glad you are taking a breather, but as Sheila says..
    We will miss you.. enjoy the peace, Kai xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary!
    Glad you had a wonderful day celebrating "you"
    Those cards from Gail are really special..
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary to you both Janet! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary! Today is an anniversary of 14 years and one day!

    Beautiful pictures of you and your HB, you both look so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Typo, Typo!!! I knew I switched the numbers when I clicked to send but it was too late, booohoo.

    I'm sorry about the typo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What wonderful things to receive! And happy anniversary to both of you. I love the statement about the Grizzley Adams phase!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Way to go you two-and may you enjoy many more great weekends together.
    Happy Anniversary

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Anniversary!!! I hope to read about many more anniversaries on your blog. Lovely gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad you had a nice day together
    and that the ATC's made there on time. BE BLESSED :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Anniversary~! Here is to 17 more and then some...
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulation on your 12th anniversary! Sounds like a happy day! Love the fluttering wind kite!

    Hugs Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Janet how fab, 17 years together thats so lovley, sounded like you had a real nice day.
    Congrats
    Kara
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Anniversary Janet-what lovely gifts you got and your dinner sounds great too. Hope you have many, many, more romantic days together. Ain't love grand?

    ReplyDelete
  19. congratulations and MANY MANY MANY more blissful years together!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Anniversary Sweets! Sounds like you had the "perfect" day....the smoke from that horrible fire is awful here......:-(

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hope you enjoyed your anniversary Janet!!!!Sending love to you both!!!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy anniversary! (I don't get to read blogs much on weekends either!)
    Your friends have sent you some fantastic gifts! The ATC's are wonderfully personal and the windsock is perfect for you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm late, I'm late, I'm late - for a very important date! But the wish is the same - for many, many, many more happy years together!

    I think that is so sweet and romantic the two of you sitting and reminiscing about meeting...sigh...

    Glad the two of you found each other!

    )and I knew I shouldn't have mentioned that first planet from the sun in that e-mail - this is the third time I've tried to leave a comment - hope it takes this time!)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy late anniversary to you and HB too! I think it is lovely that you both celebrate your anniversary. And reflect back on your time together.
    You give me hope that I may find a lovely man too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!