Followers

Friday, June 01, 2007

I'm Back in Blogland!!!

Hurray!! I think I might be back for awhile. The modum arrived and all is good in computer connection land! And HB is on a job that takes him out of the house (and away from the computer) so I have free use during most of the day. So slowly but surely I will be around to visit everyone as I did before all this craziness began.

All this house business got my brain working to figure out some things I could do creatively that wouldn't make a big mess and I thought I'd try some polymer clay! I don't know why I thought it wouldn't make a mess but my brain works in mysterious ways!! Anyway I had messed with clay before and even have a pasta machine for it. So I bought a roller and a blade and an extruder....and they're all relaxing on the table in the studio!



I had fun running the clay through the pasta machine. I'm so easily entertained!! But then I sat there and wondered what in the world I would make. Each time I thought of something I would try it and then run the clay back through the machine again. I'm telling you - my creative streak has gone into hiding and refuses to come out no matter how much I coax.



As you can see in the photo I have several different brands of polymer clay, and I also have some paper clay....and a couple of molds but somehow I just can't seem to get inspired with anything. Each day I tell myself not to think about the studio because I don't want to feel pressured to create....but that's where my thoughts always lead me. Then they abandon me at the door!

As you all know, I've been trying to get rid of books (not all of them!!) and wouldn't you know while I was out yesterday my car just automatically drove itself over to Barnes & Noble! Then my feet took over and made me walk into the store. Well, since everyone went to so much trouble to get me there I thought it only appropriate on my part to browse around for a bit. You know, to show them I appreciated their effort!

I've never browsed a bookstore in my life that I didn't come out with something! And yesterday was no exception! Here's what I bought....



I don't know how old or new this book is but if you haven't seen it, rush out and do so now! I love this book!! It has sooooo many ideas for embellishing and seems to have good instructions (I haven't tried any of them yet) and the pictures are beautiful. Hopefully this book will inspire to do something other than drool all over the pages!!

13 comments:

  1. HI...!!!
    Nice to hear from you and I rushed straight over to see if you had posted..!
    The clay looks interesting, I'm sure your creativity is still there, it is just being shy in the face of all that cleaning up you have been doing ...!
    Funny how both your car and your feet are programmed to head for a book store, and then your will power goes AWOL...mine too...!
    Hope you are well, we miss you..!
    Have a great weekend Janet..!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to see you back again Janet - with or without your creative inspiration:) As for going to Barnes and Noble - your car and your feet are both quite obviously sensitive and sensible - they knew you needed a book fix! As a fellow addict I sympathize totally with that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janet-It is so good to have you back again I for one have missed you very much.And guess what I purchased that book several weeks ago I looked at it and thought it was too expensive(in OZ) and then 2 days later somehow it jumped into my bag and followed me home.
    It is a fantastic book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! You're back!

    What a fun-looking book they made you buy! :)

    I'm itching to come play at your house! Look at all your fun toys :) Hope you have lots of fun - relax and enjoy! XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there. Isn't it frustrating when you get everything out and then nothing happens, it drives me mad too. Still, at least you got a nice book out of your day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janet, you are so funny! Loved reading your post. I have a 40% off coupon for Michaels if you wanna go get some more clay...LOL. I know you will turn out something great, when the time is right. I think you should start with a little "bee". Just beecuz! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. glad you're back-you've been missed. Looks like you're in the swing of art things again-carry on girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, never browsed a book store huh. You picked out a wonderful book! Glad you did browse that book store. :) I have thought of working with clay as well. That looks very interesting.Wonderful post! Thanks for sharing!
    *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how fun! Can't wait to see what you make. What a fun craft.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH,,thats funny,,my car always goes to Borders when its close to it. That looks like a great book! And I have the same problem with my muse,,finally kick her in the butt today and got busy. YOu will too,,have no fear!!
    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been so out of touch myself -- have you moved yet? Probably not ...

    Klutz Press has a great book for kids on polymer clay.(Maybe The Voices could tell you to drive to B&N and buy it.) Maybe just playing would be good for now.

    I know, I'm in kind of a dry spell as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome back! It's amazing how autos "sniff out" a book store for us. hehe I use the push mold you have in your pictures for bead embellished face pins (the one I wear on my Michael's apron was done with it).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh no, not another book!!!! I am addicted to books and magazines...but who can resist??? Just bought a few novels to read at B & N today...plus the new Cloth, Paper Mag...it was a rainy day so that was excuse enough for me!!!
    Nice to see you Janet!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!