Thursday, June 21, 2007

A Little Bit of Art....

I just realized I hadn't put anything on my blog for a couple of days! Yesterday was hair cut day and then since my hair looked so good I couldn't just go home so I went to Joann's! The gal who cuts my hair used to work in a shop within walking distance of our house but recently she has moved to another shop. And guess where it's located?! Right in the same shopping area with Barnes & Noble and just down the street from Michael's AND Joann's! Oh, woe is me and my purse!! Let's just hope my hair doesn't grow too fast! I'm not sure I can afford to keep up with the shopping!

Today I've been straightening up the studio....again! I found an old picture I had started last year some time and I decided to continue with it. I'm still not completely finished but it's all I have for you today!



As usual the colors are not true in this photo. I couldn't scan it because it's bigger than my scanner bed so I took a photo. The background is actually a light yellow. I need to color in the circle on the right and maybe add something to the top center. And find some better black marker than the one I'm using!! It's not fine enough and my fine tip is too fine! Oh, no....something else to buy! Maybe I should just buy stock in the craft stores or better yet, just buy the stores!! HB always teases me when we go to any of my usual stores, that he's going to visit his money!

Update: I continued to work on this piece and now I think I'm finished!! Here is the final photo....not a lot of difference but a few additions.

14 comments:

  1. OOH I love it....funny thing is I just did a doodle on paint last night that has many of those similar swirls only it's red. I was really suprised to see this since I saved mine to finish sometime down the road!

    About the shopping I really try to stay out of the stores for that reason. Of course craft and book stores are so dangerous. Can't get by without some treat!

    Hugs Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! All those shops in one place...I'd be in BIG trouble!!!
    Let's see the hair-cut! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A new hair cut is reason to celebrate by treating yourself to craft/art supplies! Hair does seem to grow faster in the summertime, so you're in luck!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janet it is a true work of art. Tonight, I doodle! I swear you inspire me tons. Thanks for that. And you would love that shop, it is another one that is a total purse drainer!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful works Janet! Near Barnes and Noble huh!!!! I bet that's fun! Ohhh if you got your hair cut...can we see? New hair but!!! New hair cut!!! LOLOL Anyhoo, wonderful post Janet!
    *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh YES! It is very pretty! I like all the swirls and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. For those who wanted to see the "new" hair cut....sorry. It's the same hair cut as always! Nothing new. But I do think it's time to update my profile photo so maybe next week I'll do that.

    Thanks everyone. I love you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Neat, Janet,

    Busy day here and now I'm rewarding myself by reading some blogs. I had to laugh as I just dropped a wad at the camera store yesterday and had two teeth out! Yikes, I guess my DH will have to look at my empty mouth to visit his money. Oh and stare at the camera!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the paisley style of these Janet.. I was thinking of putting some on SunnyBus.. but I can never decide on a colour scheme..
    These are wonderful though.. :) you talented glitter sis..
    PEace, Kai

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love, love your doodles Janet. I'm telling you they'd be great on fabric!! I love wooshes and swirls and I seem to do them a lot in whatever I'm doing.

    Ah the convenience of location and it's close proximity to the magnet stores. I swear I drive by these places and before I know it my car is pulling in...I have to stop and ask it "did I need something here?" LOL! Need? what a silly question!

    Love and hugs,
    Lisa
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need a haircut too Janet! Doesn't it make YOU feel so much lighter, YOU could almost fly!!! LOL Love the swirly art!!!and all those stores right together, O! Woe would be me and my wallet too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is great - maybe you should get your hair cut more often if it inspires you to do such wonderful drawings.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE the paisley looking stuff! I'm going to get brave next Wed. I have an appointment to get a hair cut only this time (since it is so hot) it is going REAL SHORT...to bad I have no GOODIE shops in my town. I was tortured when we went to Wild Adv. because right at the turn off was an antique mall and a fabric shop....hope to go someday soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful paisley shapes and colors. Paisley has an interesting history...maybe I should do a post on that someday.
    Do you use sharpie markers for those brilliant colors? what kind of paper are you using...sharpies bleed right through almost everything I do.
    We are so lucky to have wonderful book and craft stores!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!