Tuesday, June 26, 2007

What's the Secret??

I've out-smarted myself again! Remember when I showed a photo of my journal and said I was painting lots of pages....well, I painted about 20 pages and they turned out great! I love them....but I can't write on them!! What is the secret to painting journal pages so that markers will work over the paint?? The only thing I can get to work on my pages is a couple of paint markers I have and I don't want to buy a bunch of those just to use in my journal when I have tons of Sharpies and Prismacolors.

Yesterday I played with my polymer clay. I saw a segment on one of the crafty shows recently and wanted to try something similar. I made a bunch of small tiles....the biggest ones are maybe 1.5" long....and then I scored basic geometric designs in them. They will be painted and adhered to the top of a box. Here they are in their unpainted state....



I think this photo is clickable if you want to see these bigger.

Hopefully these will turn out the way I envision them. That's about all I have for today. I'm working on a couple of things today so maybe later I'll have some photos.

Thanks to everyone who sent us anniversary messages....they were much appreciated by both of us.

Edited: I used regular acrylic paint on my journal pages.