Friday, July 06, 2007

Don't be afraid....I have no photos of my thermometer today!! I'll just say that it's going to be another scorcher and leave it at that. I hope where ever you are that it's cooler and more pleasant than here.

I've been working on my art doll and have a bit more to show you....



Excuse the needle stuck in her and also the lovely background....a brown paper bag!! I was looking for something to put behind her so the colors would show up and as a final resort I just grabbed the bag. No one ever accused me of being a photographer!!

This is a close up of some of the beading. Don't look too close though because I'm not that neat!! I think this is clickable if you want to see it bigger.



My kitties are both mad at me because when I'm beading I don't let them into the studio. Too many chances for a disaster!! So they ignore me now when I come out. LuLu scratches at the door because most of the time when I'm in the studio she keeps me company. Harley must think it's "girl stuff" because he seldom comes in and if he does he strolls around, sniffs everything and then leaves.

I'm off to do more beading. See ya later....

18 comments:

  1. wow-you've really found your niche there Janet. That's going to be so pretty. I've seen those around before but I particularly like your color combination. It's lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your beading! I'm so impressed with the details you already put on it! The brown bag works perfect as a neutral backdrop... I wish I could send you our weather. They say that we have a heat wave - but I'm wearing long sleeves:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to say I envy you and the weather but I won't and I don't like ours either so I'm not much fun am I.
    But I do like your art doll.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you do beauitful bead work Janet.
    PEace, KAi :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janet this is coming along beautifully, I love the color combinations! Beading is tedious but the results are so phenomenal. I've wanted to do some beading again (used to make handbags with beaded detail) but I feel like i'm going in 6 different directions already. I CAN'T wait to see how this progresses and then the final doll - spectacular!
    p.s. I know what you mean about nosey cats "hey Mom, what's this? Can I bat it around a while? Knock it over maybe?" LOL!
    Stay cool!
    XOXO
    Love,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, pretty beading.
    Mahala

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could swear I commented here. I think I am losing my mind.
    I love the doll Janet! I am starting one this weekend. I will show you! When it is done! Show us yours, when it is done!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Quite exciting seeing this come about. It is lovely and the colors just sing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is fantastic. I love her. I am less neat than you are whenever I try to bead. Love Hugs and Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is going to be one beeoooootiful dolly, Janet! Such patience you have. I can't wait to see the finished beadedbabydoll.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!! What beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic Janet
    stay in doors out of the heat
    and bead
    it is so pretty!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Janet,

    I think you've done grrreat! as Tony the tiger used to say. I love the work and the colors. My cat just walked across my tray, my first time beading in a week plus and it is good to be back at it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are doing a great job there Janet. And have a real flair for color choice. I can understand you keeping the kitties out while you bead. I can just iamgine them knocking over containers of beads (mine try to do that all the time).

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your doll is looking wonderful! I love the beads!
    The weather is being strange isn't it? I hope that it cools down. :)
    *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your beading is fantastic!! I love the fabric you've used too...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Woot! A lot of turquoise and I LOVE it! I think your doll is beading very well Janet!!! It looks so tedious!!!I might have to try it sometime but I think I will start with bigger beads!! LOL Phew! Can't wait to seeeeee her finished!!! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the colors in your doll!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!