Monday, July 02, 2007

Promises, Promises....

It's Monday and I have very little to show you!! We spent the day with Molly on Saturday (and I forgot my camera!!) and yesterday it was hot so I was lazy. Today I've been playing with a little project but it isn't anything special or earth-shakingly creative....just a little felt thingie. All my felt was packed in one of those plastic tubs so it wasn't difficult to get it out and of course my embroidery thread was still out so there you have it....my reason for making something with felt!

Over the weekend I did manage to mess around with some magazines and a glue stick. I usually carry a small hardcover notebook when I go shopping. At home it lays on the counter so I can jot down things I need to buy when I'm out. It was just a plain uninspiring cover so I cut out all sorts of photos....not necessarily things I buy....and stuck them on some brown paper and made a new cover for the front. It's definitely not fine art but at least I did something!!



After looking at some of your blogs last night and this morning I almost feel embarrassed to show you what little I've accomplished! Seems as if everyone is on a huge creative binge right now and I'm still back at the starting gate! But I'll catch up one of these days....I promise! And then all your mailboxes will be stuffed with goodies from me.

And don't think I forgot about my list of blogs that is missing over there on the right side of my blog. I have been working on it when I have the time so it won't be much longer before I reinstall that.

19 comments:

  1. Well, Okay, Janet,
    If you promise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heaven help us when you get started Janet but it will be worth waiting for,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute cover for your shopping list notebook!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good idea, if I made one it definitely would have to have CAT FOOD on it LOL! seems like that is the one item I buy every time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cover ! hee hee! Don't worry, you will create in good time ! I am on a roll this week..I gotta take advantage of my spurt of arty energy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a good, creative cover. reality and not so much romance LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think we all create in small doses here and there. Sometimes the Muse really does inspire.....and I have seen you are inspired to do!xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well I think you art work notebook is great. It is something you will use everyday and it will remind you that you are creative. Love Hugs and Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  9. The notebook cover is great - mine would need lots of tins of dog food on it. Oh! and Mr B Bagginns says it would need lots of pictures of doggy treats too:) Belated Happy Anniversary - I've been away so missed the actual day

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are doing just great Janet...it's starting to get HOT fast HERE.....i'M GOIN OUT TO THE POOL! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your notebook cover is so cute, what a great idea!
    Art/creating knows its own time...and some days I think it just wants to take a nap...but get it on a second wind and LOOK OUT!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thre fact that you are creating something, anything, with all you have had to do is great. It's aneat idea, and looks good.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. A few of us in the same boat...thats just how it goes! The book works, enjoy a few lazy days of summer!

    Hugs Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cool cover for your notebook!

    It's been so hot here, I can only imagine how hot it's been there, you guys are usually at least a few degrees hotter in the summer - someone told me they're predicting 110 for here tomorrow - I really hope they're wrong for both our sakes! Stay cool and have a happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The muse will return when you least expect it Janet! Don't feel embarrassed, it happens to us all (as you know!)xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't wait to see what you did with your feltie thingys,,lol. Loved the cover for your shopping list too! Stay cool and have a wonderful Fourth of July!!!
    xoxooxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful post Janet! Your artwork notebook is outstanding! :) I'm a little late posting on here but Happy 4th of July!:)
    *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy independence day Ms Janet..
    I like the cover,
    PEace, KAi xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have artistic constipation at the moment J, so dont worry, I too feel in awe when I look at some of the blogs,hopefully something will sparkle and get me going! A good laxative eh??? LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!