Monday, August 20, 2007

Making a Difference....

Two posts in one day!! That's unusual for me but I just saw this and wanted to pass it on.

Suzi-k recently had a link on her blog and some information about something I think is important.

She wrote: "The goal is to get a record number of bloggers writing on the same subject, so September 27th is Anti Abuse day... how about joining in and making it a really worthwhile and thought provoking day, when bloggers across the globe are informed and challenged to make a difference. The cool thing is that the topic is so broad, because there are all types of abuse that need to be addressed, and each of us has certain topics which we are particularly passionate about. Imagine if we could all impart some of our passion for our area of concern to a huge audience of fellow bloggers worldwide? What abuses freak you out? Animal abuse? Abuse of power? (as in corrupt politicians, bosses, teachers etc) Abuse of women and or children? Abuse of the planet? Abuse of the legal system?.... The possibilities are endless, so please consider joining up, and thinking about it, so that on September 27th we can produce a worldwide protest against many kinds of abuse."

This seems like such a worthwhile cause and something we can all write about. You can check out the official site to get all the details. Let's make this happen! We can do it.

10 comments:

  1. I saw this on Sue's site too. I will look at the link. Sounds like a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sweet Janet...I've been taking a much needed break from the puter...too many other things to do...but I had to do some catching up today...thinking bout you! loving ya! XXOOOOO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have one already,
    http://bullyinginstitute.org/

    for September

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is awesome too..what great monday motivation!!
    PEace, KAi xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful!!!
    There is indeed power in numbers.
    xo
    Blue

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just now seeing your doll! She is stunning, Janet. You make me want to just go bead something!

    I love all of your ideas about giving. I, too, have been thinking about the local women's shelter. When I left and had to find a place to live and work, I kept thinking of all the women out there who were doing the same thing only under horrible, scary, and lonely conditions.

    Thanks for the reminder. I love the idea of dedicating things to our blogger friends!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have seen this and think it is a great idea.

    Thanks for your comment on my blog too, just having a break from stripping! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you ,thank you, thank you, for posting this information! So important to me....all abuse is horrific! I will take part for sure!

    Hugs Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  9. glad you are onboard...the problem i am having is where to start? there are so MANY things that need to be addressed, but there's still time, i may end up doing a few building up to the actual day....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Count mre in on the anti abuse thing.....I'll keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!