Friday, September 28, 2007

By, Jove! I Think She's Got It!!....maybe

Yesterday you could probably tell that I was a bit frustrated with ART!! So I got out of the house and went to my favorite place....where else....the bookstore!! You know I need more BOOKS!!

Now don't faint, but I bought one. Yes, just one! I'm so glad I did and I want to recommend this book to anyone who wants to create an art journal.



I've only read about halfway through this book and already I'm feeling better about things.....well, that and a bit of encouragement and advice from someone special. You know who you are!

This morning I sat down and created this page. The thought came to me last night as I was falling asleep. I didn't do it as I saw it but kind of put my own spin on it this morning. I think I might be getting it!


This is clickable if you want to see it larger.

I also began working a bit more on the other pages I did earlier. I have some ideas of things to add to these....(thank you, special person!)

7 comments:

  1. I think your pages are wonderful Janet. I did something similar myself a while back and I think it's good for you to get all that stuff down on your pages. Yours look good too!

    Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - I can see the difference! One of two things just happened:

    1. You learned some new things from your new book.

    2. You knew how to do them already but had not allowed yourself the confidence.

    Either way, you go girl!

    This weekend for me will be about art, not blogging.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where is your creativity, Janet? Why it blossom right out of your fingers and onto the page! Silly lady, Said with a smile of great affection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, love it Janet. We get all sorts of inspiration and ideas from so many sources...and you just know when one resonates to you!
    YOU were my inspiration to finally get one of my moleskins out!(I haven't done any journaling in oh so many years) Just letting it flow!
    It's there in you,that artist, it's always been in you and will continue to be in you.......I've always seen it!

    My mojo is coming back - please stop by the Cafe blog.

    XOXOXO
    Love,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janet,

    These are awesome, I knew you could do it! Glad to hear you liked Journal Revolution. I have their first book which is also good. I have not seen the newest one yet. I can't wait to see what you do next week. I am sure it will be awesome.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking good! Haven't seen that book, but it looks like loads of fun. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your journal pages look wonderful.
    Can't wait to see what you create in the future.
    Hope you enjoy the festival.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!