Thursday, September 20, 2007

A Little Bit of Catch-up....

Thank you everyone who commented yesterday. I'm feeling much better and my back is fine....just has a huge scrape but HB played doctor and put antiseptic and a bandage on it. So I'm good to go.

Just in case you thought I forgot, I'm still working out the kinks on trying to put some books on my blog. I've also contacted a couple of places to see if I can donate some of them. I'm sure you think I have a few boxes of books in the garage....this is what you see when you step from the house into the garage....



That is the small, one-car side of the garage! Now this is the larger two-car side....



All those boxes are full of books!! Now do you see my dilemma?!! That was where I was chasing the cat when I fell. Luckily for me none of those boxes toppled over on me! I'd probably still be buried out there if that had happened!

********************************************

Since I'm playing catch up today....something else I haven't forgotten is the baby blanket I'm crocheting. I have the center of the blanket finished and I've been working on the outer chains that go around the perimeter. You can see what it will look like here. And this is a picture of the chains so far....



I think I have 71 finished and I need 112 so I'm not too far away from the end!!

********************************************

And lastly here's my drawing for the day. While looking through some old journals I came across this beginning drawing that I started about a year ago.



And here it is after I finished it....



You can't tell but the stars are silver and the moon is gold. Also there is some shading on the lower part of the picture that isn't showing up. In fact her hood isn't coming out in the right colors either. So use your imagination!! She isn't one of my best efforts.

16 comments:

  1. Bubble tea:

    http://www.bubbleteasupply.com/?page=recipes.html

    Oh, my, look at those chains, such a nice pile of them. I can't wait to see the finished blanket.

    Your drawings, once again, make me want to draw. I've been lazy for a few days.

    Yours are just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever thought about throwing open the garage door and putting up a BIG sign that says, BOOKS FOR SALE ? WOW you could open a store...or a library. How intriging, when can I come shop? I can see why you would want to get rid of these, especially if you move.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I must disagree, I think your drawing is fabulous and you can send her here. :)
    LOVE the colors..you are so good at that!
    Glad you are good to go today Janet!
    WOW, when you said you had a lot of books..you meant it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of your ladies. They are so free looking. Glad your back is ok. Wow at all the books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing blanket edge you are crocheting!
    Glad you are on the mend!
    I'll email you with details re: the "altered" photo.(it may be afew days, as I am at mom's and don't do my email from here!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad your back is better! Wow, I thought I had a lot of books, but you win the prize.

    Your lady is lovely and her colors are wonderful. I wish I could draw. I think all of us could draw if we'd just had the proper mind set and "right side of the brain" teachings when we were kids.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Gail, you've got enough for a book store there! Goodness, and books are sooo heavy to move!
    I can see why you want to get rid of some of them.
    Hope each day finds you feeling a bit better.
    Love the chain effect for the blanket..
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. she is gorgeous, I aodre the colours Janet!!

    the Pile o chains looks interesting!!
    PEace, Kai xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. THAT is a lot of books!
    Can't your daughter sell any of them for you in her store?
    Glad your back is better. HB's tender ministrations must have done the trick..!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another beautiful lady.
    I'm lovin' the colours of the crocheted baby blanket.
    AND I'm so glad the fall seemed to be not serious. A couple of books I see there.
    angels be with you,
    Wendy XO

    ReplyDelete
  11. HOLY LIBRARY!, Batman! When you first said you had a garage full of books ...I figured the usual 2 or 3 boxfuls!!! WHAT THE >..?? heh he! Geeze..if you sold them for a buck each you could take a trip t o...Paris!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mama Mia!-that's a lotta books! I thought I was looking inside a Barnes and Noble warehouse! You really have your work cut out for you.

    Glad your back is feeling better.

    I'm sure if I had a garage, it would be filled with books too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. But I love her! The moon and the star are so cool, and I love the colors.
    OK, now I know I have to straighten up all our books - your garage bookcases look neater than the ones inside our house. But then we also have the stacking thing going on too, because we don't have enough bookcases. In fact, sometimes I think we could just build another house, one MADE out of books, lol. I'm willing to part with at least some of them (K's part, lol), and he's willing to part with some of them (mine, lol) - so I guess we're stuck with them, for now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! You really have a whole library! I still think that the baby blanket is the prettiest I've ever seen. Can't wait to see it finished! Your lady is beautiful. They all are.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Janet! Did you used to own a bookstore? WHY do you have all those books? OMG here, they would mildew in my garage. Can you sell some to a used book store? Call ALL of them in the yellow pages to come and look! Have a neighborhood moving outta here book sale. Donate some to the library. ALL the libraries in your town! LOL Love your lady.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Janet! I though we had a lot of books! Gee, I missed your injury. Sure hope you're better now. That could have been a disaster if those books had fallen. Kitties, what would we do without them? xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!