Friday, September 07, 2007

My First Drawing....Is It Morning Yet??

I couldn't resist another one of these quiz thingies....

You Are Sunrise

You enjoy living a slow, fulfilling life. You enjoy living every moment, no matter how ordinary.
You are a person of reflection and meditation. You start and end every day by looking inward.
Caring and giving, you enjoy making people happy. You're often cooking for friends or buying them gifts.
All in all, you know how to love life for what it is - not for how it should be.


This might almost be true if not for the part about cooking for my friends!! I most likely wouldn't have any friends if I cooked for them! HB keeps telling me the smoke detector is NOT a timer!!

I do tend to be a morning person....I know....many of you would like to throttle the likes of me! But I've always enjoyed getting up early and getting things done because I'm absolutely useless in the afternoon. I have very low energy and just can't get myself going from about 2:30 or 3:00 until about 7:00 PM....maybe because that's the time most people are thinking about what they'll fix for dinner, and then they're actually cooking. I would love it if dinner (or supper....whatever you call the evening meal) just quit happening!

Mornings are wonderful. And I'm a chatterbox in the morning....much to HB's chagrin. He's a different kind of morning person....the quiet kind. We are so opposite in most ways that it's amazing we ever met! The strange thing is that as much as I love mornings I also love to stay up late at night.

Tonight I began my Draw Something Every Day (DSED) challenge. I couldn't find my pencils so I used micron pens. And it isn't anything different....just another one of my ladies....



EDITED: I colored my drawing this morning (Sat.) and so I'm adding it here now....

18 comments:

  1. I would gladly join you in the morning. That's peak inspiration time for me.I love the light in the morning-all clear and crystal like. Very invigorating. By mid afternoon I'm fading fast and need a little cat nap. After that I'm good to go for the rest of the evening. We get up at 5:30-6 ish.
    Your drawing is wonderful-I love the way these flower-girls turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outstanding! I was thinking to myself Janet used micron pens and you can not erase with them. Wow she is good.

    Until 10 years ago I was a late afternoon and evening person. Now I love the mornings but need to take an afternoon nap because I still like to stay up late.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love HB's sense of humor,hope we get to meet someday.
    The shading in your drawing is really beautiful.
    Maybe we, all the early risers should adopt the tradition of "siesta" !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll meet up with you later in the day, thank you. Your drawing is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful drawings!
    Congratulations on another award!
    I am the same as you, sunrise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well now,I am a night owl...Arney is a morning person like you. So we try to meet in the middle.
    Your flower girls are so beautiful. These would make the most wonderful greeting cards...you might think about it.
    I haven't been doing alot on my blog, we have been really busy.
    I miss you...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will have to go check my time of day!
    Your drawing is beautiful. She reminds me of the drawings that designers do when they design their clothing lines!
    xo
    Blue

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cool pic! I also love early morning, as you will know by now from all the sunrise pix!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these quizzes you share Janet...I am NOON!
    You are upbeat, ambitious, and never at loss for energy.
    You have a lot that drives you in life. The desire to be the best, and a secret hope of fame and power.
    And while you definitely have a Type A personality, you are still fun to be around.
    You have a ton of charisma and a genuine interest in others. You are adored by many!
    LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your lady drawing is delicate and beautiful. She would look good as notepad art. I am inclined to use notepads when I have something pretty to write on. Loved your post. You are hilarious! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Where is my comment? It disappeared. Must be too early in the morning and I am talking too much...LOL Anyhow, I said...Your drawing is lovely. It's as delicate as a watermark, and would look good as notepad art. I am inclined to use notepads if I have something pretty to write on. It's so much more personal than email. Love your post. You are too funny!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love the shades of fade you've used in the simple drawing. It's very feminine and delicate. liking that!!

    I tried to sign up, but it doesnt like my browser, I might just scribble along with you anywhooo!!

    PEace n hugs, Kai xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sunrise to Janet. Love watching the sun rise on my porch, cup of coffee in hand.

    Beautiful art. Love the softness of the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I too am a morning person and it seems to me that 90% of the world is not. I love mornings and my happiest days are when I get up and about about 5 a.m. and just do fun stuff, like beading and then exercise later and then get real for the rest of the day. My motto is: If it isn't done by 2:00p.m., honey it isn't going to be done today.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am a early morning person too! I did sleep in this morning till 7,,thats late for me. I have no energy at night, zip. Love the drawing,,another beauty!!!
    xoxoxooxoxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This drawing is very pretty!

    I love those colors you used!


    Junie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your lady is very beautiful - I've not seen the likes of her before. Interesting how we sometimes tend to migrate to the familiar - maybe a bit like the birds? Why not!
    I'm not so good with the cooking either. I'm OK if it has to be and just for family - beyond that I'm totally bamboozled.
    Angels be with you,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE your lady - she is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!