Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Pairs and Pages....

Two posts in one day!! I'm on a roll!

Recently I've been doing some more collages in my art journal. I actually painted another bunch of backgrounds and that takes me quite awhile to do since my work space is down to a couple of inches again! I gesso a couple of pages, then have to let them dry, then come back and paint them and let them dry....you get the picture. It takes me a long time to get several pages done, and I'm working in two art journals at once. So I'm actually painting four pages at a time but it's still a slow process for me. Maybe other people do theirs in a different way that's faster. If so I'd be interested in knowing.

My studio is a disaster area again and I think I'm just going to give up on trying to organize it. It doesn't function for me but at least it's a separate room all to myself so I'll muddle through. The main problem is I have too much stuff! What a surprise!! And would you believe that one of the problems is too many books! Who would have guessed? And yet I keep buying new ones! It's an addiction for sure. I need to join Book Buyers Anonymous. Do you think there's hope for me?

Here is one of my latest collages....



If you can't read it, the quote is a Chinese proverb: "Good luck seldom comes in pairs but bad things never walk alone." It's a little depressing but I thought it went with the pairs/pears in the collage.

I hope to have some more things to show you in a few days. I'm trying to stay focused on art.

9 comments:

  1. You are on a roll Janet and I love the collage

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the neutral colours in your collage, it's very restful and serene..
    peace and love, Kai xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Painting the backgrounds is my favorite part..then I don't want to cover it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how the pears go well with the saying! Lovely collage! I rarely paint the backgrounds before I need them... For some reason I don't like skipping pages in my journal and you never know what kind of background you need for the inspiration you have at the moment... If I'm in a hurry I use a hair drier to speed things up. I don't know if you tried - but it works. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi love your collage. The only thing I do ahead of time is gesso the pages....I dont paint the backgrounds because I never know what I am going to do...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janet, Hello yes its me "believe it or not" after such a long drawn out blog space time!.

    I love the "pair of pears" on your collage it has a lovely gentle wind swept look about it and that can only be a good thing right?

    Now I was reading all your past blog posts until I got down to the word Christmas then I covered my ears!!! lol lol and stopped reading!! loved being here my friend today and as always love your art!!

    Lee-ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely collage Janet, I love the clogs

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for sharing your pairs/pears with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really really like this collage. Pears and pairs - great!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!