Monday, October 15, 2007

Sneaking Back Into Blogland....

Seems as if I've been gone for a loooong time! I miss reading all the blogs and keeping in touch with everyone but the past few days have been recuperative. I made it through the actual dental work with flying colors but it's been the aftermath that has me down. Nothing too serious but it will take a little time.

Enough of that. You would think with all this time on my hands that I would have tons of new art to show you....well, you would be wrong!! I've piddled and dabbled but I haven't really done anything of any consequence. For several days I sat on the couch with a box of magazines and just cut out images that I liked. I glued a bunch of them to the front page of one of my journals.....



This all started with the picture in the center with all the different colors....looks like wood planks. I've had this picture for a long time because I love it so much. When I finally used it I'm not happy with how it turned out!! Isn't that always the way???

Also here's another one of my doodles....



I'm always drawn to things that hold water....pitchers, tea pots, anything with a handle or a spout. I'm sure there's some Freudian explanation for this but I like to think it's just my nurturing side. Shut up, back there!! I can hear you laughing behind your hands! No one has ever said I was nurturing but who knows....the drawings come from someplace!

Anyway with all that said, I'll be around to visit this week. I've missed you all.

9 comments:

  1. Aloha Janet,
    Im glad to see you back and in one piece so to speak..lol..
    I'll check back in a while because blogger wont let me see the lovely art you describe..
    PEace, Kai xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm GLAD to seeeee YOU are on the mend sweetie! I LOVE that doodle! Are those gourds???!!! and your collage seems to be saying, tomatoes, red bright tomatoes,pretty flowers by my side,rich greenness by my other side, hands reaching out over me but the Gal in the center has hands in her pockets, not wanting to reach out? Your collage is telling YOU and us to REACH OUT!!! Seriously, I LOVE it! It seems to have a story! Come back and visit my Blog today Janet! Click onto the sky and adopt a piece of sky!!!(((((Janet))))) I'm always GLAD to seeeeeeee YOU! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't see the pictures... and I want to... You can laugh, but we feel your nurturing side in your posts and comments. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been gone too, Janet, and I didn't realize you had a tooth thing coming I guess. Whatever you do seems to take its toll though, and you are wise to take time recouping. Take care of yourself.

    I couldn't get the pictures on your blog to appear and it just may be my computer, but whatever, I didn't get it done. So I can't comment on your art. I'm sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure what's happening with the pictures. When I come on the blog I can see them both so it must be some weird blogger glitch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am VERY happy to see you, you're so funny! I am glad you're feeling ok, as much as you can considering it was dental! eeek! Sometimes sitting and cutting and doodling is a peaceful way to spend some time! Love your doodles!
    Start preparing for the Halloween party......
    XOXOXOXO
    Love,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I missed you too. Too bad I can't see your pictures. Sometimes when people post pix it takes me a couple of days to see the pix.

    Your dreams mean you are a vessel into which experiences pour, and when it is full, you pour out your creativity! (I made that up but it makes sense.)

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not sure why the collage came through but not the drawing???? I really like the water and some of the other details on this one, it seems to be speaking out. Glad you are better. BE BLESSED :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. For some reason or other, the pictures won't show up - Mercury's retrograde, so maybe that's it...
    It's good to see you again, though - Hope you're feeling much better now! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!