Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Christmas is Early....

Recently I ordered a piece of jewelry from the fabulous Julie. I have long been an admirer of her work and finally decided to treat myself. My pin arrived the Friday after Thanksgiving and it's even more beautiful than I had imagined.



I wish I could get a better picture of it but I wasn't able. This doesn't do it justice at all. Also, Julie included one of her ATCs which I just love. Her jewelry and ATCs are so creative. No one works with "junk" like Julie!! She is fantastic!!

********************************************

I have a little tease for you again today! I've been working on an art piece and it's taking me several days to complete so I'll just give you a little corner of it so you can see what I'm doing....



This is 9" x 12" on Bristol using micron pens. I should have it finished by tomorrow.

********************************************

I will be able to take really good photos in another week or so. HB and I treated ourselves to an early Christmas present. We ordered a Canon Rebel XTi camera. I can't wait to get it. I'm sure it will be a huge learning curve for me!! I use a little Kodak Sureshot and even though it's very simple I still get confused by it!!

10 comments:

  1. I am feeling some excitement from your post1 yay! I love your "painting" of Santa! See YOU can do itttt! I love your new jewelry! GO GIRL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet,

    Good luck with the new camera. Yesterday I figured out how to use the 10 sec timer on mine. How cool that was. It makes it easier to do self portraits. Jewelry looks lovely.
    The drawing looks nice as usual.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm easily confused with electronics period. I understand! I think it is an age thing, where we don't catch on as quickly as we used to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janet I did not recognize you in the portrait photo!! Is that Mrs. Claus smiling!! Great idea!! Your blog..WOW
    that is Christmas for sure!!
    You lucky lady in getting the NEW camera!! hugs NG

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOhhh such fun a new camera will be!
    I love your pen drawing...such talent. You could tattoo these on the arms of goddesses....!
    I like your Christmas spirit!
    Oh, and it takes me a long time to get down my list, as you are now a "T" instead of a "J".
    I am alphabetical!!!
    xo
    Gillian

    ReplyDelete
  6. cant wait to the picture. That is so funny I am thinking about buying that same camera. after looking at fabulous pictures on blogs, I felt a new camera would help. Let Me know how you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pin,,I have some of those pins and now I know what I want to make with them. You are going to Love that Camera. It will be a learning experience. I have a Cannon that I got last Christmas but it isn't a Rebel, I wanted a Rebel but couldn't swing the price.
    Get the book "The joy of Digital photography" I will send you the Authors name in a e-mail. It explains F-stops and aperatures and all the mumbo jumbo. Great book!
    xoxoxoxoxooxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh -I LOVE the new look of your blog! I haven't visited for a while and have so much to catch up on (will reply to your lovely recent email this weekend). Glad you treated to yourself to some jewelry from Julie. She does such stunning work! The camera will be a great buy for you and HB.

    And I loved the sneak peak of your latest work of art my friend. You are a fabulous illustrator!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh -I LOVE the new look of your blog! I haven't visited for a while and have so much to catch up on (will reply to your lovely recent email this weekend). Glad you treated to yourself to some jewelry from Julie. She does such stunning work! The camera will be a great buy for you and HB.

    And I loved the sneak peak of your latest work of art my friend. You are a fabulous illustrator!

    ReplyDelete
  10. the pin is wonderful.
    Congrats on your new camera and good luck with it. I'm very envious.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!