Thursday, November 29, 2007

PIF....and Some New Art

Several blogs that I've visited over the past few weeks have been doing something called Pay it Forward. Yesterday I stopped by Sammy's blog and she was doing it so I decided to jump in and participate.

Here's how it works....I will send a handmade gift to the first 3 people who leave a comment on my blog requesting to join this PIF (Pay it Forward) exchange.

I don’t know what that gift will be yet and you may not receive it tomorrow or next week, but you will receive it within 365 days, that is my promise!

The only thing you have to do in return is to pay it forward by making the same promise on your blog.

So basically, if you’re one of the first 3 comments, I’ll send you something crafty that I’ll make!

Once you sign up, copy and paste the above paragraph on your blog, and three other lucky people will be recipients of your handmade work.

Pay it Forward!

And don't forget to leave me your email so I can contact you for your address.

***Edited: if you want to join the PIF please say so in your comment otherwise you won't be included.

*******************************************

I finally finished the drawing I've been working on for the past several days. I'm happy with how it turned out and I hope you like it too....


"Old World Visions" clickable to view larger (that pink smudge is on the scanner and not on the picture!)

The scanner cut off part of each side but you can see most of it. When I get our new camera I'll try to take a photo of the drawing.

16 comments:

  1. And doesn't it look wonderful against the red background, wow! Your blog looks so festive you might even inspire an old "Ba Humbug" like me to get into the right spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh! We hey!
    kept seeing your festive hat in the comments on other's blogs so had to pop by and say hellooooooooooooooooo! ho ho ho!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the concept of Pay It Forward. Count me in.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I know I'm not one of the first 3 comments; but I did want to tell you that you are so inspiring! And I love red, so your blog is bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. mizamigo, you are only the second person to request to be in the PIF so you're in!! There's one more to go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love B&W graphics.. xx
    PEace, Kai xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your doodle art makes my heart sing.
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just stopping in to say how great it came out. I'm enjoying this black&white phase very much.I'm already in 2 PIF things so I'll pass and let someone else have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That detail, shape, dimension is incredible in this picture!! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE your new aviator pic!!! Ho! Ho! HO!!!!It's beginning to LOOK a lot like Christmas over here!!! and every doodle YOU do is Fabulous!! Happy Week-end!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! Great drawing Janet! I love that hat that shows on your comments! :) *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your newest art is wonderful, Janet. I'm loving all those S curves. There is an art instructor at USF that teaches how most all animals can also be drawn using the basic S curve. I read back a couple of days too. Don't be in a dilemma about what to call yourself. You are what you are. Actually, I would have thought of you more as a mixed media artist, because you don't do JUST illustrative designs. You also do wonderful ATC's and collages and other things as well. But.....you are whatever makes you happiest. And everything you create is too kewl!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fun for you to do the pay it forward thing. I'm not interested in doing it, but I try to do it through a lot of other things. Usually, I use money to do it. I think it is a great idea. Love the Santa hat and hope you are feeling more Christmas-y this year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Janet...your drawing is outstanding.
    I love "old world visions" you clever girl you!
    Notecards, I see a series of notecards...
    xo
    Gillian

    ReplyDelete
  15. I did a PIF and it was wonderful...met some new friends that way! Your blog is so festive did you do the Santa on the header?
    Also your the intricate design in your art is awesome!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!