Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Trucks and Tags



This photo (from the internet) has nothing to do with today's post but I just thought it was pretty!!

To say HB and I have had an eventful start to the week would be an understatement! Over the weekend the pickup truck that he drives to work (almost 200 miles a day round trip!!) decided it needed a break so it just stopped right in the middle of the street! Luckily we weren't too far from home and he managed to get it back to the house. We called a tow truck and had them come get the truck and take it to the repair shop.

Turns out it was something to do with the clutch and it was over $800....Yikes! Just what we needed! Merry Christmas!!

So early Monday morning I'm snoozing away and I keep hearing this distant bell ringing. The darn thing just wouldn't stop. Oops, it was the phone and it wasn't even 5:00 AM!! It was HB and the truck had broke down about 30 miles from the house! So I jumped in my little car and went to rescue him.

We called the repair shop, told them what happened and where the truck was along side the highway. A couple of hours later they call and tell us the guy who worked on the clutch the day before forgot to put any transmission fluid back in the truck and the transmission was gone!

The good news is, they're putting in another transmission free of charge (as it should be!) and they rented a truck for HB to drive today. There was no problem, no trying to make it our mistake, nothing like that. They admitted their mistake and said what they would do to make it right. We're pleasantly surprised and pleased with the service. But I'm sure the guy who made the mistake isn't having a very good day!

Now on to something else. I was tagged by Kate to do a meme. Here are the rules:

1. Link to the person’s blog who tagged you.
2. Post these rules on your blog.
3. List seven random and/or weird facts about yourself.
4. Tag seven random [?] people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
5. Let each person know that they have been tagged by posting a comment on their blog.

I'm sure by now everyone knows all the weird things about me....but I'll try to come up with some new ones. Here goes....

1. I sit and shuffle cards while I watch tv if I'm not doing something artsy. I have to keep my hands busy! I keep a deck of cards beside the sofa where I usually sit....it isn't even a full deck (but then neither am I) but it doesn't matter because I just shuffle them.

2. I am basically a fairly shy person....don't laugh! I am! In a big group of people I don't know, I'm not comfortable but in a smaller group where I know at least some of the people then I'm comfortable and will intereact and usually be silly.

3. I've told this before but it's so weird I'll tell it again! My mom washed my hair for me until I was a senior in high school....and I didn't think it was strange at the time! Can you say pampered!!

4. I hate math but my checkbook always balances out to the penny. Not very exciting but true. On the extremely rare times when it doesn't I'll spend hours searching for the mistake until I find it and make the corrections.

5. I don't fly! I didn't come equipped with wings so I prefer to keep my feet on the ground.

6. Have I mentioned that I love purple. Bet you didn't know that about me! Please refer to photo above!! (Sorry but I'm running out of things to say!)

7. I hate tagging people for these things. I love doing them myself but I always hate to make someone else do them. So with that in mind, I won't tag anyone but will leave it that if you want to do this please do so and let me know.

5 comments:

  1. How nice to hear that there are good service stations. I am glad that your hubby's truck was fixed.

    I am not going to take part on that meme thing, because there is nothing strange about me. HAHAHAH.

    I was tagged once, and could not come up with anything weird. You see, I am so weird that anything I think is "normal" in my books.

    I'll think of something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just see you Janet when you are 95 sitting in an old armchair in the retirement village shuffling a deck of cards-watching TV wearing a purple dress and hat oblivious of anything that is going on around you--still being a lady--oh if only I could paint.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful piccy.
    Wow a garage that addmited there mistakes we could do with one of those over here
    kara
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about your "Christmas gift" from your truck.....I think that place of business should receive a special, WE MAKE IT RIGHT AWARD !!!!wow it is almost unheard of these days.
    You weird ??? NEVER !!!
    Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If only more auto repair shops were like that.
    I had taken a car in many years ago that was giving me some problems and they wanted $900.00 & still said they still hadn't found the other problem with it. I took it to one of my dbrs and he found the problem right away without any special machines. He had me buy a goop of some sort and fix a hole in a air hose. Told me to put something in my gas tank and that fixed my $900.00 dollar problem for about $7.00 or a little bit more than that. God Bless dbrs that have knowledge of these types of things.

    Like your list!!!

    Have a Blessed Month!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!