Followers

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Another Little Piece of Art....

Yesterday I finally put all my Christmas cards in the mail. Whew!! Hopefully they will all arrive in time.

Today I have lots of errands to run so this will be short....but I promised you I'd show another piece of art I finished so here it is....(This is 9" x 12" on Bristol.)



"She Watches Over Land and Sea"

Once again I messed up the hand. I just can't seem to get them right. Also I have a halo sketched in with pencil but I'm undecided about adding it. What do you think??

********************************************

And just because I love them so much here are a couple of quiz thingies....

You Are 71% Creative

You are beyond creative. You are a true artist - even if it's not in the conventional sense of the word.
You love creating for its own sake, and you find yourself quite inspired at times.


Unconventional....moi? Never!!!

Your Career Type: Artistic

You are expressive, original, and independent.
Your talents lie in your artistic abilities: creative writing, drama, crafts, music, or art.

You would make an excellent:

Actor - Art Teacher - Book Editor
Clothes Designer - Comedian - Composer
Dancer - DJ - Graphic Designer
Illustrator - Musician - Sculptor

The worst career options for you are conventional careers, like bank teller or secretary.


So, true....I absolutely HATED working in an office! I did it but I wasn't happy about it.

********************************************

Have a great day!!

16 comments:

  1. Many years ago, in the dark ages, when I did fashion illustration, instead of actually drawing the hand, I would just draw the indication of a hand with a few simple lines. Maybe that would help you-otherwise the drawing looks great. Almost female dragon-like

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's great Janet..!
    Will you add a colour or leave her as is..?
    I enjoyed your black and whites, with a colour there a few weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mermaid is one of your VERY BEST! I wonder too, will you add a dab of color?

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's beautiful as she is.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello creative, artistic friend! The mermaid angel lady is beautiful! I like the way the halo shows just a little. I know it wasn't your intention, but it's interesting that way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think she's gorgeous just the way she is, Janet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janet hello!

    gosh I was tickled pink to see you admit you are a true artist "I like many others" are in orr of your designs, your skills and your passion......."Mrs Artist" now that fits you ever so well truly it does.

    I think your mermaid is also purfect, to keep changing bits like hands to suit the world is not what I believe an artist is. I believe the hands are what makes the art reflect back on you!

    Lee-ann (ever so pleased to be visitng you today)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, office work sucks but it pays the bills. For you, I pick clothes designer or graphic designer. The halo? Hard to decide. She IS a mermaid, but she also has angel wings. I know..YOU decide! LOL xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now you just know I approve fully of anything *Mermaid!!!*
    I love her graceful lines and curvatures.. AS for the halo, Add the one above your head!! :)

    PEace n luv, Kai xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Janet,

    Well, my provider wouldn't let me come look yesterday or anything so today I'm back. I think she looks very romantic/etheral. Sort of a "Find Your Style" thinking going on here. She's great.

    I was 86 % creative and had the same category as you in the last one. See, sister under the skin or in the brain cells. Like you I did office work and deplored every minute of it.

    Also, I have trouble not making lopsided stuff and paws on animals and for sure hands. I think I try to tell too much with them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the idea of a winged mermaid. Yours is stunning just like it is Janet! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do like your mermaid angel. As for the halo, usually less is more, but I kind of like it just barely there. Now if you colored in her tail in fish scale colors -- your favorites shades of turquoise and lavender -- (just pale) and reflected these colors in the halo... but it's your picture and it must reflect you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like your drawings a lot!


    ~~~

    You've been tagged at my place!


    Junie

    ReplyDelete
  14. yep hands are tough, but the rest of her is fun! I like the swirly movement she gives off.

    ReplyDelete
  15. She is beautiful Janet!! Love her pose.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!