Sunday, December 30, 2007

Christmas at Our House....

Before this year ends I thought I would share with you a couple of Christmas photos before it was too late. We had a very nice Christmas although it was a bit subdued. My favorite photos are these of my daughter enjoying her favorite cookies....first opening them....



and then sampling one of them....



This is my grandson opening one of his gifts....he looks so serious!



And HB was happy with his new book....



He loves this guy and watches him almost every day on CNBC. Every year I know I can buy him the newest book and he'll be happy.

HB bought a book for me!! Wonder why he would think of doing that?! I love it....it's "The Art of Feminine Drawing"....sorry about the glare but the book is very light gray in color and has a reflective mirror-like thing on the front so it was difficult to get a good photo....



This is our little tree in the family room. It looks a bit pathetic and forlorn with just a few gifts under it but as I said earlier, our new counter tops were most of our Christmas. Then with HB in the hospital I didn't get to do my last minute shopping so everyone just got a little bit this year. The main thing is, we were together.



Now if you aren't thoroughly bored with Christmas I'd like to show you an ornament I made for my friend, Gail....



And last but not least here's my daughter with the beaded doll I made for her....



I think she likes it.

7 comments:

  1. Fantastic Janet so glad thing are on the mend.
    And may I wish you and HB a Happy New Year and I hope that 2008 brings you much joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy new year to you.....loved the christmas photos, and glad hubby is on the mend. The doll and oranament look really great. Your daughter looks like you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet,

    I enjoyed seeing your Christmas pictures.
    You all look like you're having a good time. Oh! I'm sure your daughter loved the beaded doll! I thought it was very pretty when you posted it before.


    Happy New Year to you all!


    Junie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! I love pictures of Christmas, you made some wonderful memories. HB is getting better, so you are on your way to a better time.
    Your Daughter is almost as beautiful as you...she looked happy with the beaded doll you made with such love.
    I love your bargains...it was a real steel. I went to Old Navy for some things for Avery & Treyton...it was so much fun..everything was 50% off.
    A toast to your good health and Love, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing the wonderful photos of your family. I really enjoyed hearing about your holidays (even the part about missing out on last-minute shopping - that's happened to me too.)

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New year Janet! Nice warm pictures! I don't think you were alone on the less is more thing. I think the gathering seemed most important this year.

    Hugs Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those photos! athe beaded doll is wonderful!
    I'm curious about your book...will look for it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!