Monday, December 31, 2007

Finishing Up the Year....

There are a few things I need to catch up on so this might be a potpourri of thoughts! Like that never happens with me!

First, I received a PIF package from Victoria last week and I'm just now putting it on here for you to see! Me....late?? NEVER!! :-)



She sent me all these cute cards. I hope you can read them. They're so cool. Thanks, Victoria! These will come in handy for writing notes and letters.

And since you all know I don't have nearly enough STUFF in the studio (!!!) I had to use my 50% off coupon at Michael's the other day. I went thinking I would buy some paintbrushes but got sidetracked and came home with this....


front view


back view

Did anyone see that cute little crow stamp in there?? Now, I wonder who that reminds me of?

This was priced at $49.99, and it was marked down to $19.99 which I thought was more reasonable so I decided to get it. I bought another stamp, one of those blocks with a stamp on each side, and figured I'd use my coupon on that since you can't use it on a sale priced item. WRONG!! When the girl rang me up she deducted the 50% from the stamp kit above so I got it for about $10! All those stamps plus four ink pads, chalk, ribbon, stickers and notecards. I think I did pretty good on that! Plus there's a set of alphabet stamps in a larger size than the ones I have now. To buy those would have been as much or more than I paid for the entire kit! So I felt pretty darned good about my foray into the after-Christmas shopping frenzy.

As for celebrating the New Year tonight, I think it will be hot chocolate in front of the fireplace with HB and the kitties. No partying for us this year! But we don't ever go out on New Year's Eve anyway. Both of us worked in the restaurant/bar business in our younger days and have no desire to get out in that mass of people! We used to refer to it as Amateur Night when I was a bartender. HB and I usually have a small bottle of champagne but not this year. I don't think Coumadin and champagne go together!!

I hope whatever you do to celebrate that you have a wonderful evening and share it with the ones you love. And be safe....

And "just bee-cause" you know I love these things, I thought I would finish out the year with a quiz!

You Are A Blue Girl

Relationships and feelings are the most important things to you.
You are empathetic and accepting - and good at avoiding conflict.
If someone close to you is in pain, it makes you hurt as well.
You try to heal the ones you love with your kind and open heart.



I think that part about "if someone close to you is in pain, it makes you hurt as well" must be true 'cause you all know I was hurting (my calves!) last week!

Happy New Year!!! Have a good one and I'll see you in 2008....

11 comments:

  1. Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! Just popping over on my super speed, reformatted laptop to wish you a Happy New Year! On my blog you will find 2 awards which I want all my luverly blogging friends to share.
    Have a great 2008!

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's what I call a bargain Janet a once in a lifetime bargain at that also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet Happy New Year....Really enjoyed seeing the pictures of your Christmas. Cool you got some more art supplies!!!LOL
    You have been such a great blogging buddy Janet....my very best wishes to you and yours in 2008!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I thought maybe it reminded YOU of the TurquoiseCRO but then I thought YOU probably are talking about Pam, my crow sister!!! tee hee(I think she knows we share LOVE of the crows!!! Cawwwwwwww! Cawwwwwww!my eyes went to that stamp immediately!!!HAPPY NEW YEAR JANET!!!and to ALL YOU LOVE!!!! Love and prayers, Cinda (((((Janet)))))

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY NEW YEAR dear friend,I just now saw your Christmas pictures, oh my I just about fell out when I saw M's picture....looks just like your mom. looks like you got a GREAT deal at Michaels.....fun, I love a deal! Talk to you next year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year to you and yours!
    Sandra Evertson

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Janet
    What wonderful bargains so looking forward to seeing what you do with them. Cute PIF gifts too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you did good! Send that girl to MY Michaels! LOL Happy New Year Janet. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love a deal and that you got!! You know about the 40 percent off one item each time you go there right? You have to ask for it though. Otherwise they just give you regular price. Mind you that's in Canada! They still have Canadian and American prices too...ours being so much higher. Which was quite an amount. I'm without car otherwise I would be down there checking out those deals! Bryan is buying me a 3 by 5 ft canvas as my Christmas present. He insisted on getting it before Christmas, but I wanted to get a better price and had no time to touch it anyway! Like I say " Love a deal!"

    Keep us updated on Hb...hugs to him too!

    Hugs Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great art supplies and the crow stamp is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! I jut discovered your blog and love it. I am a member of "Creative Everyday" too AND I got the same deal at Michael's on the stamping set! I couldn't believe it either!

    Sheila
    http://halohill.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!