Followers

Friday, December 28, 2007

Have a Cocktail and Relax....

Is everyone ready to party? There's only a short amount of time left in this old year and I for one will be glad to see this year in my rear view mirror! I began it with such high hopes and ended it in a state of exhaustion! So here's a little cocktail to celebrate....

The Recipe For janet

3 parts Flair
2 parts Power
1 part Wisdom

Splash of Moxie

Limit yourself to one serving. This cocktail is strong!


*******************************************

The report on the patient is as follows....HB is doing much better and is actually up and walking around a bit. He still has to have a couple of scans and x-rays to try and determine why the blood clot formed. He didn't take any long flights nor did he have any kind of injury so the doctor wants to rule out everything until he discovers the culprit that caused all this. And the weekly blood tests must continue for as long as HB's taking the Coumadin. But no more running up and down the stairs for me! Yay!!

********************************************

Recently I did another tree picture. I'm not completely happy with this one. It doesn't seem to have a reason! But here it is anyway....



I used a really great black marker that Maryellen sent to me, and I love it. Tria is the name of it and it has three different tips! It gave me a pretty dark black like I'm trying to achieve. Hopefully I can get back into the studio tomorrow and do some more art. I'm feeling rusty!!

10 comments:

  1. Hello dear Janet, I see your art still shows your love of movement and is much about your feelings for those things around you. The tree is beautiful.

    I will have a cocktail thanks but then again I won't drink and drive as we are about to head off for a couple of summer holiday days at the beach.......Yes I know someone has to do it! (smiles) So just a little cocktail filled with peace and joy for me please.

    I love that we are blogger friends and that I know always were to find you "here with your art!"

    "Happy New year my friend"
    Lee-ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tree is really peaceful and it almost looks like it is moving. I think the black back ground is perfect. I will have to look for the pen you used.
    I continue to pray for HB, everything will get better. Your year has been shaky. I understand the ups and downs of life.
    I read some where or heard this...
    What doesn't kill us makes us stronger. I certainly think you have been through enough.
    My wish for you is that you find 2008 filled with Love, Joy and a whole lot of good health.
    Sometimes we are looking so hard at what we want that we miss the things we already have...
    Happy New Year!
    Blessed to have found you, glad to know such a wonderful friend.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet, I love your violet/purple background again. It's soft and easy on the eyes.

    That tree is wonderful! I love the scarves hanging out on it and swaying in the breeze.

    Thanks for the update and I wish for you and your HB the best of the New Year.

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janet, I've not been reading blogs recently so have only just read the news about HB and his DVT, must have been awful for both of you, I'm so glad to hear that he is on the mend anyway, hopefully they will trace the cause and it will be just a one-off. Your tree is pretty - as always with this style of yours, it really appeals to me. Take care and hopefully I'll be back to normal in the next coiple of days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year to you and HB-I hope the coming one brings you only good health and peace.
    Is that an Easter tree???

    ReplyDelete
  6. janet,

    i have heard of tria markers but never seen any. If they can giove that intense black they must be great. I am glad to see you are still doing Art.

    I am glad tha HB is doing good. I will have that drink with you!

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  7. glad hubby is on the mind, they determined that my husband, got the blood clot because he has a genetic disposition to it. Factor five or something like that. The family and children all got tested, all his sisters, and all there kids except mine have it. So that means they are prdeposed to it..Ken sister already has had one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear, Dear Janet,

    I am so sorry for not commenting sooner about your husband. You probably think I have been neglecting you, but I was praying for him and you (Nurse Janet).

    I am so glad that he is recovering.

    Hugs, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the movement in this picture. Excellent! Of course the color and dark background appeal to me too!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  10. does art need a purpose other than to communicate a feeling.... this tree is quite exuberant! It is bare, but has optimistically clothed itself in soft flowing colourful drapes, I think that it is SERIOUSLY cool!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!