Wednesday, January 09, 2008

I Forgot!!....and Some Art, Too

I'm waaaay late doing this!! I was tagged by Lee back on Dec 16th to tell 7 random things about myself. Then HB got sick and I didn't think about it until last night when I was looking through some drafts on my blog....and I found where I had started this and then never finished it! My apologies, Lee. I guess better late than never. huh?

1. I'm an only child (I've told this before so it won't be a surprise to most of you!)

2. I don't know how to swim! And at my age I doubt that I'll be learning anytime soon.

3. My shoe size is 7.5 - I know that's something you've all been wondering about, isn't it?!!

4. I'm about 5' 4" tall. Isn't that something you've always wanted to know, too?!

5. I've told so much about myself on this blog that I doubt if I can come up with much you don't already know about me!

6. I'm not musically inclined unless you count the fact that I like to listen to music.

7. My eyes are on different levels. With my glasses on it isn't quite so noticeable.

I'm not going to tag anyone to do this but if you want to do it, then be my guest.

********************************************

I've been doing a lot of drawing over the past several days. Some things I can't show because they're going out to people....I'll show them when I know they've arrived. I can show you a couple of black and white drawings. These aren't finished yet but here they are in their raw state....



Another unfinished mermaid....



And just so you know I draw some real stinkers once in awhile, here is one I had an idea for but it didn't come out like I wanted.



Last, I'd like to ask if you think I should clean my studio space....



This is an accumulation from before Christmas! I've been working on it most of today and hopefully it won't look like this by tomorrow.

15 comments:

  1. LOVE your mermaids!!! I just did get my Christmas stuff put up today!!! UG!!! I'm doing pretty good though, I want to ORGANIZE everything this year!!!+RID OUT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you've tidied the studio..lol..
    mine is messier!! :P
    I adore, love, the mermaids.. they are so cute Janet..
    Peace, Kai

    ReplyDelete
  3. tinker5:21 PM

    The mermaids are looking lovely! And my 'studio space' is messier - so messy that I wouldn't dare show pics of it, lol.
    Just saw your snow below - cool! :)
    Have to hurry with only one comment though, since my connections been spotty. Glad you're enjoying being Creative Everyday - I understand the jumping around thing - I do that a lot, too - it's been a little easier to focus though, since I haven't been able to see what everyone's doing as often as I used to...now I want to draw mermaids, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Studios! Sheesh. Too bad cleaning them gets in the way of producing art. My house is a bomb. We are mess sisters!
    xo

    Gillian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are feeling happy about what you are doing creatively - as for the studio, well creating things is a messy business but it really isn't that bad and it looks as though it will only take a short time to tidy it up. Those mermaids are pretty, love their hair.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like a Diana Ross mermaid!! Very fun both of them! Love the abstract at the bottom too! As for your studio, I think you should keep playing in it while the creative muse is with you! Then on a day when you have a block, clean it up!

    Hugs Sherrie

    I still have my Christmas decorations up because I enjoy the colored purple and green lights so much! Soon I will be forced to walk to a normal beat. For now, it's still Christmas at my place. Then one day I will freak out and want it all cleaned immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll thank you to stop posting pictures of my room. *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! My studio looks much like this! I'm glad it's not just me!! Unfortunately my cleaning spree at work didn't carry over to home last night...

    I love your drawings - as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Creating in a mess is easier sometimes when everything is out there where you can find it..lol
    Your Mermaids are lookin' good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that first mermaid. She's got hair-titude!

    Your studio looks about like Kristen's room did before she came home for Christmas because I use it as my storeroom/studio the rest of the year.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I aggree with Gemma, it is eaiser to create when everything is all scattered out....now I expect to see a photo tomorrow of it all cleaned up. Ghee I think that falls under the catagory of being creative.......mmmmm. My craft room is still being used for a kitten nursery. Love the drawings.
    BE BLESSED:-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mermaids are definitely important to us now! I read that you can see your true self if you look into a mermaid's mirror.
    How can we be creative and productive if the studio is neat as a pin?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your drawings are FANTASTIC....I swear you really have the talent. I can see these made in to cards. Of course I also love the fact they are mermaids!
    Compared to what my studio used to look like yours looks neat as a pin. I find now an occasional tidy up helps...BUT..within moments the work surface is completely covered again.
    and wow....snow! I wish we only had a short distance to go just to see even a little. It's so pretty (in a small dose that is - ha!)
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just took the garland of my stairs...yikes! It was so pretty at night...I wanted to keep it year round....Jenny (daughter) said I really must take it down.
    I can't find my craft room, it us under glitter! I got a little out of control...okay a lot out of control.
    What made you think of mermaids...so lovely and fun!
    How is HB?
    Love, Mary
    I made a new header today...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Janet!! Being a lover of mermaids, fairies and all things fey - I think your mermaids are some of the best around!! I love how you draw.....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!