Sunday, January 06, 2008

As Clint Would Say....

Go ahead....make my day! And that's exactly what Deb did when she awarded me the "You Make My Day Award"....thank you soooo much, Deb.



This award is extra-special to me because I have read Deb's blog ever since I first discovered blogs! There was something about her that just hooked me right into her world. She was one of the reasons I finally decided to start a blog of my own. I wanted to be part of that whole big interesting group of people who visited back and forth. I got my blog, started visiting more blogs, leaving comments, etc and well, the rest is history.

Now comes the part I really hate. Do you ever visit a blog regularly and leave comments only to suddenly feel as if you're just saying the same things over and over? There are also times when I don't feel as if I'm clever enough or smart enough to have anything worthwhile to say. Some blogs have very clever readers and I feel that my little ordinary comment isn't going to mean very much to them. I'm not especially good with words.

That's what happened to me and Deb's blog. I commented every day and then one day last year I just thought what I was typing was such nonsense and so repetitive that I just didn't leave any comment. I decided to just read her blog and only comment if I had something intelligent to add....which seemed to never happen! I continued to read every day but never left any comments.

Just before Christmas I was thinking about all the wonderful people in Blogland, and of course I thought of Deb. I sent her an email trying to explain what had happened to me and to apologize for the lack of comments. I thought I might or might not hear back from her....maybe she was mad at me, maybe she didn't care if I commented or not. But thank goodness I did hear from her....and now she's given me this award! The people in Blogland are truly the best! And Deb you're tops in my book.

If any of you don't know who Deb is, now would be a great time to go over and read her blog. She's funny and smart and always has fantastic photography. I promise, you won't be disappointed. And who knows, you might make a new friend just like I did.

*******************************************

This is also an extra special day for another reason. Today would have been my mom's 93rd birthday!



Happy Birthday, Mom! This is a photo of her when she was about 18 years old, I think. Sorry about the tear at the side. Some of my photos are getting old!

*******************************************

I'm such a dork!! I forgot to pass on the award to the people who make my day! Obviously Deb would be one of them but she already has the award so here are the ones I'm choosing: Julie Marie, Suzi-K, Kate, and Dot. All of these women make my day. Actually everyone who reads my blog deserves this award but I'm just too lazy to put that many links on here! So consider yourself awarded, too!

11 comments:

  1. What a beautiful photo of your Mum Janet.
    I agree with your remark about commenting--I feel the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you. I do a lot of visiting without comments, and then one day I will have something to say about the last six posts....or not. But I do fly in and fly out. Sometimes I just leave a smile, so they will know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh the photo of your mother is soo lovely.
    I've got to admit that when I comment on someone's blog I do feel the same as you.You are wrong about what you mean though. Whenever I have seen that you comment on my blog it cheers me up. Your comments mean the world to me. EVERYONE's comments matter. I don't feel as if mine matter often because I think that I lack the self-esteem that I should have.Blogging has helped in that area because of those that have commented on my blog. You are definately included Janet!!! Please ALWAYS know that you make a difference. We all love you very much. :)*HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, I gotta say I love your comments. I don't care if you say the same thing. I know it takes a lot of time to stop and say so though.
    Your mom is beautiful.
    You just made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photo of your Mom. Boy do I know what you mean about comments. Lots of times I think I will comment and then I think well that looks like I am just copying everyone else so I say nothing. Or very little. I will say i look forward to all comments even if it is just a Hi.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oops! beaten to it, I just came to let you know that I have awarded you this very same award just this morning :) Thanks, Janet, for making my day! Hugs, Suze x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the award Janet! I know I feel the same way about my comments on others blogs but I still want them to know I am stopping by to visit even if I sound dorky(like now)lol.
    I have missed you. Hope HB is doing alot better! Love the photo of your Mom,,you look alot like her. If you have Adobe photoshop or Paintshop Pro, there is a way to fix the tear in there.
    Hope you have a great Monday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Janet,

    I am terribly honored by the award! I'm at work now but will do a post about it when I get home tonight.

    Your mom was a beautiful lady. I can see such kindness and warmth in her.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Janet I know exactly what you mean! I am a notorious lurker....sometimes because I don't have time to comment, other times for reasons you just suggested!It's nice to get comments, but it's an honor to know people are reading what you have to say! You are very deserving of such an award!

    Love the photo of your mom!

    Hugs Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi there Janet, thanks so much! I also look on Deb as a sort of blog mentor, and was fascinated to read what you wrote about comments, because the same thing happened to me... I think it also has to do with volume, as more and more comment, it is so time consuming reading through all 58 who got there first, and wracking my brain finding something new to say, so I also started lurking on the blogs with lots of readers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOoh - thank you so much for the award Janet!! I love visiting your blog too and always find it uplifting and informative too!.

    Love the photo of your mum - beautiful...

    I know what you mean about comments. As I can feel the same way.

    However I always LOVE the ones you leave for me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!