Saturday, January 26, 2008

I'm a Published Artist!!!

First of all, I'm feeling somewhat better although I did have a bit of a set-back. HB and I went grocery shopping on Saturday and I think I over-did it. When I got home I didn't even have enough energy to make myself something to eat....but my sweetie took over and made me rest, fixed me some food, and put away the groceries.

Then he went down to the mailbox and when he came back I got the surprise of my life! Last year I had been contacted by Stampington regarding the drawing I did for the Bloglandia Ball. They said it was one of the photos being considered for the story and if they used it they would send me a complimentary issue of the magazine.

Yep!! I received my issue in yesterday's mail! They included my art deco lady in the article! I'm still walking around in a daze over this. I know you all probably think I'm nuts but this is BIG TIME for me. I want to thank Elizabeth for coming up with the idea for the ball because without that I wouldn't be in the magazine! Here is the front of the magazine....



And here's the page where my gal appears....



That's just a paperweight on the corner. It's not easy taking a photo of something from a brand new magazine. It didn't want to lay open for me. If I didn't look such a wreck from being sick I would have held it up but....no way!! And just in case you can't remember, here is my gal that went to the ball....



The only slight problem with this whole thing is with the credits. They have incorrectly said my picture appears on page 131 when in fact it's on page 133....so someone else's credits are messed up too. But I'm in there and I'm thrilled beyond words can explain.