Followers

Sunday, January 20, 2008

My Sunday Creative Living List....



Because I have a tough time keeping everything in my head, I've decided to start making a list on Sunday of some of the things I want to do for the week. Sara has been doing this and I decided to give it a try.

1. Keep doing art each day. Even if it's just a scribble.

2. Eat healthy meals and drink plenty of water. Try some new recipes and experiment a little.

3. Read more and watch less tv. I don't really "watch" that much tv but it is on most of the time. When I'm home alone I like the noise of it to keep me company but I think I'll try putting on some music instead and see how that works.

4. Don't sit around in my jammies until late afternoon!! I do this a lot especially when it's cold and if I don't have to get out for anything. But I should make an effort to get dressed and make myself presentable!!

5. Take more photos. I've been posting a few things on my photo blog and trying to keep that going this year. I like taking photos but around here the subject matter is slim at times! And I don't always get out every day....see #4!

6. Write in my journal every day.

Now if I can do even a small portion of these things I'll feel good. Someone was talking about trying for 5% instead of going for 100% and I think that makes sense. If I look at projects and think about the whole thing then I get overwhelmed and don't even begin but if I just tell myself I only have to do 5% today, then I might be able to accomplish a lot more. I don't remember where I read that so if it was on your blog let me know and I'll give credit.

I'm trying to think of something I can make for the One World One Heart Giveaway and my mind is blank! If anyone has any suggestions feel free to offer them. I also haven't made any Valentines yet! But then that's not unusual for me anymore. I can't seem to get in sync with everything. Holidays seem to come around a whole lot faster than they used to!! Either that or I'm getting slower....and that can't be true!

14 comments:

  1. Aloha Janet..
    I loved the recipe you sent me.. YUM!! and it was perfect as it's @#$@# freezing here today..
    I LOVED the mermaids, but you knew I would..lol.. splosh on!!

    and I like the ideas you have in this post. Ideas for pictures, why dont you sign up for Denise's new ABC photo list.. we begin on *A* as of monday..

    Peace n hugs, Kai xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here on the tv. Hubby asked me last night if I was watching whatever I had on. I told him as much as I usually watch anything. So go ahead and look for something he wanted to watch. Wow the take more photos I don't need to do. I have taken 10,000 since I got my new camera on Nov. 2nd. Jammies or some type of stretch pants I love to wear at home. Hope you do you 5% a list every Sunday sounds like a good idea. Love Hugs and Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh Janet!,
    I know just how you feel!!! That happens to me sometimes too! I'm glad that I'm not alone. My mind just goes blank and I can't think of what I want to work on next. The thing with me is...and I don't know if it's different with you or not....it always comes back. It is hard at certain times but after some time....it is easier again. :) I'm sure that it may be the same with you. :) *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been saying for a while Janet that we are kindred spirits and number 4 is me all over---love my PJ days--sometimes Ebony and I have PJ's and craft days and we have so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your list is great!
    I have a 'mental' list that has some similar items on it - such as #2 & 4 especially, and #5. I used to take tons of photos and lately not so much...

    I have been doing well on eating and exercise...but it definitely takes away from art, photog, journaling lol. I guess my list needs to include - find Balance...a sort of rythym/schedule for all these things...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Making lists really seem to help me!! Also...among my mantras is "baby steps"...so doing 5%definately qualifies.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Janet, the list thing seems to work wonders for me. Plus it lets me prioritize things!

    Jammies - You know I am the worst offender in that category! There are days that I don't even get out of them. I could live in them! I've thought about putting that on my list - but never have! Glad you did!!

    Same with TV - it is on for noise or to keep me settled into my chair with kntting in lap...I really don't watch a lot of programs!

    Love the fact that you've joined me on this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea, I must try that too!
    Sandra Evertson

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've always been a list maker, I get much more done if it's actually written down on a piece of paper.
    I've taken hardly any photos since New Year, grey skies and rain aren't very inspiring and that's about all we have right now. A little sunshine would make a whole lot of difference.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a very do-able list. Personally I wouldn't know what 5% of a project would be. So when I'm overwhelmed just by looking at something I need to do, what I do is work on whatever the project is for 15 minutes and then move on to something else. I read about the "15 minute work block" somewhere but can't remember where anymore. It's amazing how much you can actually do in those 15 minutes...

    Cheers,
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I make lists and lose them...and then it's just another thing for me to look for...these days I always seem to be looking for things! I used to have great vision, and it seems this past year, my eyesight has decided to to become middle aged like the rest of me. LOL Oh well, my spirit is still young. Anyway, I love th pj thing...and what ever you make for a giveaway or even if it's one of the doodles you've shared on here...please put add my name to the drawing RIGHT NOW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I found a list that I made about 10 years ago in the bottom of a pile of stuff that I went through.
    It was interesting to see if any of it was done...I am happy to say that about 75 percent has been done. It was stuff about my house, like clean the ref. SOOOOOOOOO list do work even if you find the many years later in the bottom of a box....I do need help!
    Great idea Janet!
    Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi J.
    I left a long response to your comment on my blog if you want to go read it.

    #4 I relate to. That was my biggest revolt when I retired. I totally changed my morning ritual.

    And I sure wish I lived near by, we could jump in my Blazer and go looking for foto ops once a week, just because.

    Lets meet for lunch at the half way mark this summer. That would be Kingsburg, pop 9000+, lots of restaurants. That would be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Janet, thank you for going pink with us! I know your square will be fabulous! :) Your blog is simply gorgeous... I'm thrilled to be involved in a project with you. Off to link you immediately! :) xo, Monica

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!