Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Not Being Very Creative!

After the past few days I'm feeling really light-headed. Is it because of the flu bug or just the excitement over my drawing? Who knows. The one thing I can tell you for sure is I have not been very creative over the last week! I've been trying to think about how I could interpret all this "sicky" stuff into something positive but for the life of me I can't do it!! I guess I'm just going to have to accept that for one week, while I wasn't feeling good, that I wasn't creative.

On Sunday (the 20th) I did this list:

1. Keep doing art each day. Even if it's just a scribble.

2. Eat healthy meals and drink plenty of water. Try some new recipes and experiment a little.

3. Read more and watch less tv. I don't really "watch" that much tv but it is on most of the time. When I'm home alone I like the noise of it to keep me company but I think I'll try putting on some music instead and see how that works.

4. Don't sit around in my jammies until late afternoon!! I do this a lot especially when it's cold and if I don't have to get out for anything. But I should make an effort to get dressed and make myself presentable!!

5. Take more photos. I've been posting a few things on my photo blog and trying to keep that going this year. I like taking photos but around here the subject matter is slim at times! And I don't always get out every day....see #4!

6. Write in my journal every day.



About the only thing I managed to do from the list was to read! I definitely didn't get out of my jammies most days, I didn't do much (make that zero) art, I didn't eat much except Jello and rice cereal, and I didn't take any photos or write in my journal!! Mostly I slept. There were several days when I had very creative hair!! You know, after you stay in bed for hours and hours and your hair kinda goes every which way....that's creative, isn't it? Hey, I'm trying!

Since I missed my Sunday update on the 27th due to my excitement over the magazine, I'm just going to continue with this same list for this week and hope that I can at least manage to do one or two of these things.

So for now, no photos, no art, nothing much to show for the past week except that I'm still here.

7 comments:

  1. Aloha Janet..
    Those are definatly some great goals.. Im just doing some words to friends and some art.
    Mr Dan wants me to paint a 30x20 pic. I have no idea of what..lol..
    Maybe I'll peek at some of your lovely ladies for inspiration!! or something tuscan.. :)

    Peace, Kai xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so fun to see someone like you, Janet, faithfully drawing and blogging and then being in a very creative magazine! Bravo!
    I've just been cutting and pasting in my art journal(s)...maybe I am "stuck" in creating collages because they are like paper quilts!?
    Have a good week...continue to feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your art in the magazine.......I like your list, I should make one. I

    ReplyDelete
  4. tinker1:17 PM

    Creative hair, lol! I like that - I've had VERY creative hair this week, myself. Making this list was creative enough, I think, for a week when you've had the flu. Hope you're feeling better and better every day. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see nothing wrong with wearing jammies all day and all night too...LOL
    What could be more comfy and cozy?
    I never make goals for myself on paper, because I never keep mine. I try to make myself a daily list of "To Do's", if I get half done, I feel productive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm with betzie on this, wearing jammies (or in my case disreputable kaftan) all day, now that's the life! But i've always admired the way you set goals. Let's see...... isn't it VERY creative getting your beloved to cook, pack away groceries etc.... you've created a helper this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Janet,

    I needed the laugh because my hair can look very "creative", too!
    See {{{ * * }}}, but I'd need to be able to make hair sticking out at odd angles to the top and sides of my head.

    I'm not into Superbowl Sunday either. Gem is taking me dancing for the afternoon. That is only because HIS team is not in the Superbowl.

    Glad you escaped that bug and hope your energy level is up soon.

    Artistically,
    {* * } gel

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!