Thursday, January 17, 2008

Potpourri....

Well, after my de-lurking post a few days ago I forgot to mention that I had several people who de-lurked!! A big thank you to Orlenna, Ros, and Mari-Nanci who left comments. I hope you continue to visit and don't be shy!! See....nothing bad happened.

On the home front, HB is doing much better. One more test to be done and then he doesn't have to see the doctor for a couple of weeks. Thanks to everyone who has asked about him, and also a huge thank you for all your thoughts and prayers during all this. I really appreciate it.

I haven't posted much lately but now one item has been received so I can share it with you. I did this drawing....



I used some chalks to do the color on this. I like the softness of the colors and was happy with the way it turned out. You know I have problems working with color!!

There are a couple more in the mail that should be arriving in the next few days so hopefully I'll be able to show them soon. I'm still working on my mermaids that I showed earlier. But I've also been reading through my Cloth Paper Scissors magazines (I have them all) and thinking about creativity and how it works.

If you haven't been over to Leah's blog recently she had posted a link to TED. This was new to me so I followed this link to listen to a fantastic speech by the author Isabel Allende. If you haven't listened to it I can guarantee you will enjoy it. She is funny and speaks about passion and feminism and strong women....and it's definitely worth a few minutes of your time.

Being a daily reader of Crazy Aunt Purl's blog I was especially interested in this recent post about her crock pot!! Today I decided to try her recipe and here's what it looked like when I got it started....



It turned out yummy and HB enjoyed it. I used lots of veggies so I had plenty to eat and then I thickened the juices at the end to make a gravy. Good and healthy and easy peasy!

16 comments:

  1. Mmm that croc pot meal looks yummy--and I'm glad to see you are feeding HB well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet, first of all, thank you for the lovely drawing...you know I will treasure her!

    The crock pot meal looks awesome. I am finding that I truly enjoy my crock pot -excuse me - slow cooker! Don't you love it...that's what they call it on foodtv...

    I went to listen to Isabelle Allende...and it was the MOST powerful talk I have heard in a long time...she is AWESOME. Thank you for introducing her to me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet, I love the new lady, I do love the way your colors seem to move with her...good job.
    Also thank you, we continue to pray for our little Summit. I know he will be fine, I have to believe that.
    I wonder how many calories are in that soup...I would like to try it.
    It looks yummmie!
    Love, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got some people to de-lurk too! That was fun. Mari-Nanci is a great gal and I thoroughly enjoy reading her blog.

    I am so glad your husband is doing better.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did grocery shopping this morning and it was interesting to go with a list. I was hoping I'd save money. I didn't, but the meal looks good. Crock pots are the best when you can't be home and tend to them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Janet :) Your dinner looks truly delicious, your drawing is so beautiful - you are gaining a lot of control over your fear of colour and it shows! And thank you so much for the link to Leah's brilliant post :) I LOVED listening to Isabel Allende - what an inspiring woman! Thank You!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely drawing! I love the infusion of color...it's gorgeous!

    That crock dish looks yummy! I need to make something like that this weekend...we're going to be having a high of 5 degrees tomorrow..with wind chills and lows below zero...Brrrr!

    Hope you have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always mean to use my Crock pot, but never do..!
    Glad you got some commenters to delurk...Mari Nanci I know but not the others.
    Glad HB is better, hope you both have a great weekend..
    hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Janet, Arney said the card with the car came out of the ceiling and he thinks it came out of the 50's. But the others came out of the wall. So I need to point that out on my blog....thank you for coming by, Love, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. tinker5:26 PM

    So glad HB is feeling better. Love the art - and the food looks yummy - you're making me hungry!
    I'll have to remember to check out Leah's link later - I heard Isabel Allende speak at a local college years ago, and she was fantastic then. My copy of her book that she autographed there (House of Spirits) is one of my treasured possessions.
    Have a great weekend, Janet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad that HB is continuing to improve! I'll have to go read that recipe soon...it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So what's in the crock pot, share the ingredients/ recipe? Look forward to seeing the mermaids!!

    Peace n hugs, Kai xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yummy, that stew looks great. So glad to hear the hub is better. Yay. Thank you Janet for your kind thoughts for my brother. He is doing better. Yay. And I am home. Yay. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Janet thank you for that link, I listened in amazement. I am forwarding it to all the passionate woman that I know! I agree with her....women must be empowered to change the many defunct attitudes of the Alpha male!

    Lovely art, so rich your blog! Love my crock pot!!

    Hugs Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Forgot to say I'm thrilled HB is doing better. Continued prayers for him!

    Hugs Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this drawing and the vegetable casserole looks good too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!