When I'm on a roll with art and then I have to stop to do something else it always takes me a long time to get back to it. I'm not sure why. Maybe I'm just trying to distract myself so I won't be creative. You know, like self sabotage. I've been known to do that! Anyway I thought I would have some art to show you but sadly I do not. This morning I got up at 6 AM and went straight to the studio. I began cleaning and clearing the work table.
Do you think it's time to get a new cutting mat?? That one looks like it's seen better days! I can now see the surface of the table for the first time in quite awhile. I also organized all my unfinished projects and hope to make some headway with a few of them over the next few days.
I recently bought a portfolio to keep my artwork in. Before that it was here, there and everywhere and usually at risk of being wrinkled or stained or something along those lines. Finally I decided to show it some respect and buy it a place to live! I was a bit surprised when I began gathering up all of it. I didn't realize I had so much!!
One of the things I've been doing is researching how to go about having my art printed on cards, postcards, etc. If anyone has any good information about this please let me know. The print shops around here seem to dismiss me as "not important" enough for them to give me their time.
I had a couple of prints made for friends at Christmas time. One of them didn't get mailed until later because of HB's ordeal but it has finally arrived in South Africa! You can see it here at Sue's blog....plus she also featured a few of my other pieces in a comparison with someone very famous. I won't tell you who. You have to go to her blog and read about it!! Go ahead. I'll wait. (twiddling fingers while I wait!) I was thrilled and completely amazed. What did you think??
Since I didn't post anything on Sunday here's a re-cap of my "to do" list:
1. Keep doing art each day. Even if it's just a scribble. I didn't do too good again this week!
2. Eat healthy meals and drink plenty of water. Try some new recipes and experiment a little. I did good on the drinking water part but not on the experimenting part.
3. Read more and watch less tv. I don't really "watch" that much tv but it is on most of the time. When I'm home alone I like the noise of it to keep me company but I think I'll try putting on some music instead and see how that works. I had to watch two nights of "Lost" but other than that I have been reading most of the time....so this was one I did pretty good with.
4. Don't sit around in my jammies until late afternoon!! I do this a lot especially when it's cold and if I don't have to get out for anything. But I should make an effort to get dressed and make myself presentable!! Not only did I not sit around in my jammies, I actually put on make up several days this past week!! Woo Hoo!!
5. Take more photos. I've been posting a few things on my photo blog and trying to keep that going this year. I like taking photos but around here the subject matter is slim at times! And I don't always get out every day....see #4! I did take a few photos this week. I'm thinking ahead for my ABC Wednesday project!
6. Write in my journal every day. I have to confess I didn't do this one!
So on to the next week and hopefully I'll complete even more of my list. I hope you all had a great week end and if you watch football I hope you're happy with the Super Bowl outcome. I didn't watch it but HB did and he's happy the Giants won. I think he likes to be for the underdog!