Monday, March 03, 2008

Art....A Little of Mine and Someone Else's

Lately my creative light has been turned on and things have been coming to me so fast that I can't keep up. But I know the light will dim a little at some point and I'll be struggling to find a way to be creative. For me it always seems to ebb and flow....feast or famine. I wonder why that is. Does it happen that way with everyone?

Currently my house is a mess because my creativity has been flowing. I've got my painting area set up on the dining room table....I had to completely clear it off yesterday so HB and I could have our Sunday morning waffles in the dining room! When it's warm we have them out on the patio but it hasn't quite got there yet. So all my paints and brushes and water containers and pens, etc are piled on the buffet cabinet and I just haven't had time to spread them all out again. The ideas, however, just keep coming. I have such a busy day ahead of me and so many things I want to be painting. Time....I need more time!

I have listed a few more of my gals on Etsy and you can also see most of them on my art blog....both links are on the right side of this blog. And here's a drawing I did last night. I think this is "Mother and Daughter"....at least for now.




On a different subject....well, actually it's still art, just a lot better than mine! Over the weekend I received a package from Zorana. When I saw it in the mailbox I just stood there for a minute looking at it and then I ran home and sat on the couch, again just looking at it. I didn't want to open the envelope because it was so beautiful! I didn't want to mess it up! Finally I opened it and was more than thrilled.



Isn't that envelope wonderful? This photo doesn't do it justice. The colors are so pretty. Here's a close-up of the little birds along the bottom....



This photo is clickable so you can view it larger. I just love the little birds. Well, I love everything about this package, inside and out. The ATC is great, and I now have a print of one of Zorana's paintings!! I'm in heaven! Thank you, Zorana for all the things you sent. I'm enjoying them.

12 comments:

  1. You really have been busy Janet...I am really enjoying your art. When the muse hits you need to go with the flow!
    Thankfully you are!!!
    Zorana's gift to you is also very lovely!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One cannot create without making a mess too...!!!!
    I can see why you would want to sit a few minutes with just the envelope. It is truly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ilove that you have an etsy shop, and doing so much art. The package is lovely. Doesn't something like that just make your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well then Miss Janet how lucky are you to receive that beautiful envelope and it's contents.

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATULATIONS on your etsy!!!
    I was there!
    I am buying for sure!!!
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Messes happen when art happens! One births the other, I think, Janet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank goodness I'm not the only one who has to uncover the table for dinner. I'm glad you're going through such a prolific period with ideas and great completed projects. They really are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know what you mean by feast or famine. I think I am in a dry spell right now. I blame part of it from being sick last week. Hopefully it will flow again soon. But keep up the creative flow while it's there. Hugs***Renea

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've been busy as a bee and your artwork is sweet! Yep, sometimes it is like that, feast or famine - but I seem to have it all spread out everywhere, whether the muse visits or not...

    Your friend's artwork is lovely, too - what a fun surprise to find in the mailbox, Janet. The mail people must be in wonder mode, seeing all these gorgeously decorated envelopes floating around nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't been as creative as you have been lately,,but still trying. Sorry I haven't visited in a while. OMG,,I wouldn't have wanted to open that envie,,it was beautiful and what gorgeous are inside of it. One day you will get a package from me,,I plan on sending out alot of packages when my life gets back to semi-normal. Love the mother-daughter,,makes me think of me and Mom.
    xoxooxoxoxoxooxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so envious of that beautiful envelope... what gorgeous art work you received from Zorana. I love her blog and her journalling.
    Janet your sketches are beautiful too. Cant tell which is the mother and which is the daughter, the mum obviously takes very good care of herself.
    Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog, you are so sweet. I am about to go and visit your new etsy shop right now...well done on opening one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The envelope are totally charming. Art containing art. You were doubly gifted when you received this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!