Monday, March 31, 2008

A birthday and Another Update

Thanks to everyone who sent me emails and made comments regarding my little mishap. I'm still typing by using only a couple of fingers on my right hand so it's rather time consuming. The cut on my little finger is right at the first knuckle, on the outer edge and I swear I've hit it against something about a million times! It may never heal at this rate. The other one that gives me problems is on the fleshy part of the thumb, right at the point where there is a knuckle near the bottom. And once again the cut is on the outer edge where it gets banged around if I'm not careful. I've tried to draw but it just ain't happening!!

I'm doing a couple of these quiz thingies so you won't forget me!

I saw this one on Mary's blog:




Your Expression Number is 5



A total multi-tasker, you have a wide variety of talents.

You're very versatile and able to change at a drop of a hat.

A free spirit, you crave change and adventure.



Clever and quick witted, you can convince anyone of anything.

You can do anything you desire... though this sometimes gets you in trouble!

Very popular, you're always thinking up new ways to entertain and amuse your friends.



Your restless and impatient attitude means you don't stay with projects for long.

You tend to be erratic and scattered - it's hard for you to focus.

You often find yourself in a state of flux with constantly changing interests.



And this one is from Sara's blog:




Your Thinking is Abstract and Sequential



You like to do research and collect lots of information.

The more facts you have, the easier it is for you to learn.

You need to figure things out for yourself and consider all possibilities.

You tend to become an expert in the subjects that you study.


It's difficult for you to work with people who know less than you do.

You aren't a very patient teacher, and you don't like convincing people that you're right.



Ok, that's all for today. I'm reading some of the blogs but not doing much commenting as it takes me too long to type right now. And today is HB's 60th birthday!!

17 comments:

  1. OMG, Janet - I hadn't stopped by for a few, since you said you were taking a break - I'm so sorry you were hurt, but glad it wasn't any worse than that! I remember a pyrex dish exploded in our kitchen once, years ago, and the shards flew everywhere. Wishing you speedy healing and no pain - hands are so sensitive. Get better soon! ((hugs))
    Oh - and happy birthday to HB - I read this on someone else's blog recently who was turning 60 & I'm probably not getting the punchline quite right - but they said that the 60's are retro, and therefore very cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey before you know it you will be drawing up a storm. Take this time to relax and get those fingers better so we can see more amazing art from you. Happy Birthday to hubby are you cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to HB and am so glad you are getting there just don't go too crazy multitasking ;-)
    we miss you but we can wait

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a random,concrete thinker. I have to chuckle. Geee do you think?

    Get the fingers well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to your sweetie. So sorry to hear you hurt yourself! I hope the healing goes quickly.

    Blessings! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, we just have to stop by and wish HB a very Happy Birthday!!!!

    And, a get well to you...hope you are feeling better.

    Wasn't that quiz fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday greetings to HB!
    Take care of those cuts my dear, you are missed but we want you back when there is no struggle or pain involved! Heal soon!!
    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to HB!
    I will share what happen to my hand years ago, but for now get better Friend, it may take some time. Love, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday to HB--- it was Ebony's birthday yesterday 31st (here in Oz)--I hope he enjoys his as much as Ebony did.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am glad to hear your healing! And of course your going to bang it on every thing. Happy Birthday to HB-your wonderful caretaker!
    xoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday to HB. I'm happy to hear you are healing. Tose hand and finger cuts are unbelievable. It always amazes me how much anything, no matter how small, in that area can hurt. So many nerve bundles in the hands. Good for activity-bad for pain.
    I'm thinking good thoughts for you. Heal up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. As if we could (would) forget you!! Look after yourself and catch up on some reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sending healing vibes your way. I know they worked for me when I was in such pain from my carpal tunnel syndrome.

    Say happy birthday to HB from me. He is a dear to get on the computer and blog for you. Dan does not use computers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday to HB, it was sweet of him to do your post for you!

    Janet I hope your finger is healing... keep it covered I don't want to see you with flesh eating disease.

    Take care
    Hugs Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aloha Janet..
    I'm so glad that you are ok sweetie and that you didn't do anything "Serious".
    It still has to be sore and I wish you a speedy recovery..

    Thankyou to HB for letting us know you're alright.. Maybe a weekend in Arizona will help you rest?
    Peace n hugs, Kai xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy birthday and healing vibes and OMG we could *Never* forget you!
    miracles,
    k-

    ReplyDelete
  17. Janet..I , too, have been slack in blogging and I just now se about your accident! I amso sorry! I hope you heal up fast!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!