Followers

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!!

It's Easter Sunday. HB is cooking ham and I'll make some potatoes au gratin and asparagus. We've had a very quiet day so far. Mostly he has been working on getting all our papers ready for the tax accountant....we have an appointment next week. I did a little bit of art in my moleskine and another picture of a tree. They are all viewable on my art blog.

Over the weekend I received another package in the mail. This time it was a beautiful doll that I was lucky enough to win on Dot's blog. She makes the most incredible dolls and is the originator of the Dotee doll seen all over the internet!

This doll is bigger....she's about 11" tall and she has that sweet face that only Dot creates....



And here she is sitting on my mantel....



Isn't she just the cutest thing?? I love her because she's all done in pinks and pink was my mom's favorite color.

Thank you, Dot!! I love her and she will reside in my studio with my Dotee doll and all my other dolls that have been sent to me by other bloggers.

And thanks to everyone for all the lovely Easter cards and messages. I really let this holiday sneak up on me!! I didn't send out anything!!

16 comments:

  1. She's beautiful! Happy Easter Janet. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The doll is so cute, I love pink. Happy Easter! Hugs***Renea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Easter, Janet! Our Dotee is very talented... that's for sure. This is one of my favorites dolly's... well, I'm partial to pink!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Spring and Easter and happy doll making!
    She is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love pink as well.very nice doll...way to go dot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the face...cute! I hope you had a nice Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Easter Janet, your dotee doll is gorgeous!!
    Peace, Kai xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh she is a beautiful doll, Janet. Beauty for a beauty is one way to put it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is Beautiful! Hope you had a wonderful Easter!
    Sandra Evertson

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now what is more exciting than winning a prize!? and one that is so sweet and lovely is a bonus in the world of prize winners. and i have to tell you that the color of you web site is incredibly soothing. the scent of the lavender fills my own room before your blog window is completely open!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty in pink! I'm so glad I can finally see her and comment tonight - not sure if it's blogger or just my computer, pages and pictures haven't wanted to load tonight - but at least they finally seem to be now... At any rate, I'm glad you had a happy Easter, Janet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope youhad a great Easter Janet!!! The doll is oh, so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Easter came SOoo early! March was full of things....St Pats..Spring..Easter.. Wheew! Love the Dot doll!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a charming, delightful doll..
    love the colors, love the face....

    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think we had the same dinner! I hope yours was as tasty as mine!

    I do love your pretty doll!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I am so glad your Dotee amde it home. Enjoy!

    and a belated Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!