Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Just a Mish-Mash of Things....

Today I'm in a potpourri-kind of mood so no telling what you'll find here! If you're looking for my ABC Wednesday photo it's on my photo blog....there's a link over there on the right side of this blog.

For quite awhile I have been seeing bloggers show their Moo cards. At first I was not sure what a Moo card was. I didn't know any cows personally, had no desire to meet any, and couldn't for the life of me figure out why I'd need a card that said Moo!!

Then I got wise to what was going on and now I'm the proud owner of my own Moo cards. No cows were hurt in this process.



Moo cards, for anyone who doesn't know, are small, about 1" x 2.5", cards that you can have made from your photos on flickr. I chose 8 images and I'm happy with all of them. I'm not quite sure what I'll do with them but I have 100 of them!

I've been playing with my new toy and have done a few more pictures, some I've liked and some I've just deleted. Here is a mermaid that I re-did using my toy....



Not one of my better ones but it looks ok. I posted another one of my ladies over on my Artopia blog. She was a black and white that I colored with the new program. I'm quite happy with her.

I've also been posting my zentangles and small doodles on flickr so if you want to see them you can click my link on the side.

Last night I drew out a face that I wanted to color in my new program and then when I was all finished I realized (oops!!) that I had drawn her on Bristol too large to fit the scanner! So I just used colored pencils to finish her.


"Ready For the Easter Parade"

She looks better in person because none of the shading on her face shows up too good in the photo. I worked on her most of the evening and used a lot of pencil to finish her. I may do her again in a smaller size so I can use my toy to color her.

10 comments:

  1. cute Moo cards but I just love Lettuce Lady-black & white or in color. She's spectacular

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've wondered about the Moo cards too and seen and heard of them and didn't have a clue. Good to know. You have been very busy with your many things going on Janet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea what Moo cards were either so thanks for the info. Glad to see you haven't given up on your new program....nice work! I'm off to check out your Zentangles ~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janet! I agree it's very quiet all over blogland. even I haven't been around in awhile. I love what your doing with your new toy. Lettuce lady turned out great! and the new face is really cute too. I'm jealous of your cherry blossoms! we got another inch of snow today. ack.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Easter lady. Moo cards! I've just gotten started with ATCs and Zentangles and now there are Moo cards? Oh, and inchies too. I think I'm going to start a craze of putting pictures on toothpicks! Just kidding. I am off to see your zentangles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have heard about the moo cards and those look really cool. You are really going to town on your new program, love the mermaid. And the Easter bonnet girl is so colorfully awesome! Hope you have a great thursday.
    xooxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. You made me laugh with your comments about Moo cards! I think yours are wonderful and so much fun. I love mine and send them out with art I send to people (and now with my new dolls I am selling..whooo hoo).

    Your art translates so well to moo cards..

    ReplyDelete
  8. P.S I am really happy to see you embracing your art.

    Lots of love

    Dot xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Moo cards are great!!! And just love that hat! I could use one of them for our Melbourne Cup.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know, moo cards. I got some free ones when I bought my pro flickr account. I really like how they turned out, mostly family images, but a few art photos.

    If you're struggling to find a use for your extra lovelies, you could always pop a few into an envelope and sent them to me. They'd make adorable bookmarkers! Hehe.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!