Friday, April 04, 2008

Finally, a little art....and a quiz, too

A couple of days ago Lila had this on her blog and you all know I LOVE quiz thingies!!





Your Dosha is Kapha



Calm and grounded, you are not prone to mood swings or anger.

However, once you do get angry, it takes a lot to cool you down.

You tend to think a little slower than most people, but your logic is astounding.

Overall, you're very loyal and trustworthy. You're not scared of being who you really are.



With friends: You enjoy their company, but often listen more than talk



In love: You crave connection and affection. It's hard for you to be single.



To achieve more balance: Exercise vigorously (especially in the sun) and let go of attachments.



I think some of it sounds like me but the part about friends is all wrong as I know I chatter on like a magpie!! And the love part isn't right either as I have had no trouble being single and spent many years of my life as a single person. Overall I think I tend to be more Pitta than Kapha when you read the "real" definitions here.

Since my hand has been messed up I haven't been doing much art but I had one piece that I had started before my accident so I messed with it last night. I'm not sure I like the outcome but here it is anyway....



The colors didn't show up very true in the scan. Mostly it's done in pale pinks, peaches, grays, and beiges. I used Prismacolor markers again and then my Micron pens for the lines. In person it looks a lot better and you can see all the layers of color....here they don't show up at all.

I hope everyone has a fun weekend. Hopefully I can create!!

18 comments:

  1. So glad to hear your on the mend. This piece is wonderful. I was getting lost in all the curving lines.

    xx Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every single thing in this is ME.
    It's scary-shocking! I'll have to visit the link now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely piece of art! I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janet, you are incredible.. to create such an exquisite work of art while on the mend.

    Boy, how does one take a quiz like that when they (or uh, I) have multiple personalities??? lol Hey, afterall I am GEMINI.

    Happy weekend, Monica :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I took the quiz. I am Kapha also.
    Happy your hand is getting better.
    Thinking of you!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. glad to hear you are on the mend, the picture is very cool, the scan make it seem tissue paper like

    ReplyDelete
  7. glad to hear you are on the mend, the picture is very cool, the scan make it seem tissue paper like

    ReplyDelete
  8. Janet, I know you are determend to do what you do...gotta love it!
    This is really pretty, I know that it had to hurt some, but the it is truly beautiful. I love the colors.
    Today I started on some things I will share when done, take care of you. I took that test, it said the same things about me, and I am the one in our group of gals for lunch that keeps saying to myself, take turns Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an interesting drawing, Janet! I love all the swirls.
    Hope you are enjoying your time with your grandson. Heal quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Janet, so glad to see that you are back, hope your hands are healed by now. Take care! Your new piece is truely amazing! Hugs***Renea

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like it very much, and see some of the colors, and many things don't do well on a scanner or in photos,so not to worry

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Janet, I am a kapha too! But I also have no trouble being alone. And I like to think that I don't think slower than other people. but if I am put on the spot or in the spotlight I can't think at all.

    Regarding your drawing. I see a lady in there. Do others?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely love this piece. Pretty muted colors. Lovely. I was more Pitta. Stubborn, yep. That's me. Sure hope your fingers are mending well. xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Janet HI!! I am so pleased to see your art is still as stunning as ever and that the joy we get from visiting your blog to see it all is by many bloggers from around the world.

    I am sure your art has helped you through your time of rest! and wellness again.

    Always love being here
    Lee-ann

    ReplyDelete
  15. Janet I hope you are feeling much better after your mishap.
    Your latest art work is beautiful. I love the subtle colours and your drawing is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think your artwork is beautiful. I'm a fan of muted colours so this really appeals to me. Nice to see you up and running again. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Janet!
    I hope your hand is better...I think you just had to create this and that's why it happened. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. your picture is beautiful - sounds like its even better in person.
    Hope you are feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!