Wednesday, April 02, 2008

I'm Back....But Not Very Creative

Well, here it is Wednesday already. My hand is improving to the point where I can do things with it a little. The lower thumb area cut is the one that gives me problems because every time I use my hand I seem to move my thumb and that makes it hurt again. I think cuts are the only injury where I am really wimpy!! I hate cuts and they always make me cringe.

Also on the home front, I have my 15 year old grandson staying with me for several days while his mom is back in Illinois visiting her dad. Since my grandson is home schooled there's no problem with that....he just uses the computer to keep up with his work. He's no trouble at all and it's been very nice having him here to keep me company.

Needless to say, I haven't been doing any drawing or anything creative unless you consider reading as creative! I think I've read more in the past week than I have all year!! But at least it keeps me out of trouble!

On another subject....I have mentioned this project before but if you haven't already seen the completed doll that Monica made for The Pink Project then you need to hurry over here and take a look. The doll turned out even more gorgeous than I expected. She's almost 40" tall!! I'm so proud to have been a part of this project. There have been several people in my family who have had cancer so this was a project I could relate to on a personal level. Thank you so much, Monica. The doll is a true masterpiece!

9 comments:

  1. Happy to hear you are on the mend….

    Thank you for the link to the doll…
    She is wonderful….

    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet, I'm so sorry to hear about your accident. I've been away for a time also but mostly with family busyness.
    I am certainly happy to hear that you are healing.
    Good for you to have your grandson. He sounds like such a well behaved chap and good to have about.

    angels be with you dear,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. sending you loads of love and healing vibes.
    ANg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey sorry about your lil fingers. That is the worst thing for someone who creates as much as you do and loves the kitchen and computer. OUCH! Glad to hear you are on the upswing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad that to see you back to blogging. Its nice your getting to visit with your grandson too.
    I haven't been very creative lately either so don't feel bad.
    Keep on healing.
    xoxoxoxoxooxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for stopping by my blog Janet, and for the nice compliments. I feel for you, as I have been nursing a back strain for weeks and weeks and I have no patience whatsoever! Glad that you are on the mend and hope that each day you are a little bit further past the kitchen mishap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you are mending well!

    Hopefully you'll have time soon to be creative again?

    Love, Violette
    enjoy the visit with your grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Golly, get out of blog-visiting for a few days and look what happens to you! I'm glad you are on the mend, just so sorry you had to deal with that to begin with. Meanwhile, I have been reading down the chain and enjoying it all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WooHoo, Good to have you back!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!