Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Postcards Make My Day

Recently, while I was busy being sick, I was the winner of some postcards over at Vanessa's blog and I didn't even know it until she emailed me for my address!! I was so surprised, so thrilled, and so embarrassed for not having responded earlier.

I received the postcards yesterday and to say they're beautiful is just an understatement! Vanessa's artwork is fantastic and I'm lucky enough to have one of her prints but to see all these postcards together is to really appreciate her art and her style. She's very whimsical and must live in a fairy tale environment. If you haven't visited her blog then do yourself a favor and pop over there right now. It's filled with fantasty, whimsy, and beautiful things. Vanessa is a very talented artist in several mediums.

I tried several ways to get a picture of the postcards that would do them justice but sadly this was the best I could do....





They look so much better in person. The colors are so soft and delicate and that makes them difficult for me to photograph. I'm sure if I knew what I was doing I could get a better picture but sadly I'm just not that adept at photography!

Thank you, Vanessa!! I love these, and I think I might just frame them and hang them in the studio. Then I can look at them and be inspired by a truly talented artist.

19 comments:

  1. What a treat and a lovely surprise too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are treasures! How exciting and how special!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what treasures...you lucky lady! I love her stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janet, I'm happy you're feeling better. The cards are really beautiful. A lot of talent there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Janet!
    HOW LUCKY!!!! I adore Vanessa V.'s work and her stories too! I bought one of her prints and postcard sets a few months back and I just love them.
    Good things do come to good people! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are such cool postcards. Lucky you!!! I think I would frame them and put them up in my art room too!
    xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its about time I pay you a visit sweet Janet.....the postcards are beautiful...nice surprise! My lilac bush in the side yard is full of wonderful smelling blooms...they make me think of you!
    Now...that you feel better...I hope youe are enjoying these Spring days...Love..XXXOOOOO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a great get well and stay well gift! Good for you and good for Vanessa!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Janet, beautiful surprise. She is a wonderful artist.

    Hope you are feeling much, much better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What beautiful cards! I am glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi janet. i clicked in at Vanessa's. I'd never been there before. What a wonder. It made me cry. Darn.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, how gorgeous! What a lovely surprise, and such a gracious lady!

    Glad you are doing much better!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stopping in to see what you're up to. I'm hanging in there. These postcards are absolutely a wondrful win on your part. Lucky you. But you deserve them. That's what I think.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Vanessa has fame written all over her art!! I love her site, the inspiration, and whimsy. She is a unique and amazing artist. You are so deserving of her lovely work!

    Hugs Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lucky you. They are lovely, even in the photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love Vanessa's art..

    Lucky you, what fun.


    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful postcards.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!