Thursday, May 29, 2008

Getting Back Into the Groove....

Several weeks ago I took almost all my ACEOs out of my Etsy shop with the intention of re-listing them along with some new items. Well, the best laid plans....as they say! So last evening when I sat down to draw in my moleskine I decided to set it aside and work on a couple of ACEOs instead. Here are the results....





I seem to be stuck on these ladies right now. Usually when I sit down to draw I have no idea what to do. I just start with a few lines and see where it takes me. Lately it always ends up being a woman with wild "hair"....maybe that's because my own hair tends to be wild at times!!

These will turn up in my shop very soon. And I will also re-list a couple of the other ones that haven't sold yet. I need to get back into doing art for the shop and not just working in my moleskine....although that little book is now over halfway filled with drawings! It keeps me focused on doing something each day so I guess that's good.

And just a little side note....thank you again for all your cards, emails, and comments about my daughter's recent loss. We both appreciate all your kindness and your thoughts and prayers at a difficult time.

14 comments:

  1. Hi Janet, sending you a warm Aussie hug as I catch up on your blog.
    Your latest ladies are wonderful. Have you ever thought of printing them? or creating lino prints? there seems ot be too much work tohave just one copy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet,
    I love your wild-haired ladies, but, then, even as a child, I was fascinated by Medusa. I do believe we are kindred spirits, so I think I better add you to my list of artistic links, so I can read you every morning.

    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your daughter.

    Love,
    Alberta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, now I'm convinced...The Way We Were...swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic!

    Why a fawn comes to my mind?
    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're lovely Janet! I especially like the last one. She looks like a tree goddess.

    Hugs! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these wild-haired women - though their coiffures actually look pretty neat compared to mine :)
    I've been in a creative slump - it gives me hope for the future, seeing you back in the groove. Enjoy the creating!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so great Janet....
    I haven't really tried to do faces, but you inspire me!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Their hair reminds me of how mine is these days! But I sure do LOVE them. You should sell those very easily.
    You and your daughter are still in my thoughts and prayers!
    xoxoxooxoxoxoxooxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a very big Carmen Miranda fan, and your ladies remind me of the lady with the tutti fruitti hat! Except, I think your "hats" are far more creative!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aloha Janet,
    Just stopping in before the weekend to say hellos and let you know your ladies are lovely!!
    PEace, Kai xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Janet I am just catching up today with
    blogging friends and I am so sorry to hear that your daughters dear D. passed away. I send my sincerest condolences to your daughter you and the family.

    Now about those crazy haired ladies..
    their hair looks like Hosta leaves..
    Have a beautiful weekend..hugs to you
    aNNA xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous2:35 PM

    What is ACEO?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Janet, I love your ladies, love their wild hair. They look so fun, love your creations! Hugs***Renea

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the wild hair and expressive eyes! Sending love to your daughter at this difficult time. Love to you as always too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!