Thursday, May 22, 2008

I'm So Sad....

I haven't posted for a few days because my heart just hasn't been in it. Some of you may know that my daughter was in a long-term relationship that ended this past year. Although they were no longer "together" she and D remained friends.

He had recently been at her home for a few days visiting and catching up. They had even planned a little trip together. Sadly before they could leave he suffered a stroke and is now hospitalized in a coma. Because my daughter lives in a smallish town he had to be taken by helicopter to a larger city a couple of hours away.

D is unresponsive and doesn't seem to be able to use the right side of his body. My daughter is upset, confused, and generally in a tailspin.

Please keep them in your thoughts.

Stroke Warning Signs

If you notice one or more of these signs, don't wait. Stroke is a medical emergency. Call 9-1-1 or your emergency medical services. Get to a hospital right away!
The American Stroke Association wants you to learn the warning signs of stroke:

1. Sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm or leg, especially on one side of the body
2. Sudden confusion, trouble speaking or understanding
3. Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes
4. Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination
5. Sudden, severe headache with no known cause



16 comments:

  1. You're all in my Bank of good thoughts.
    *hugs*
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thats terrible! All of you will be in my thoughts. Thats so scary. And thanks for posting the warning signs of strokes, they are good to know.
    xoxoxooxoxoxoxoxooxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. thinking about you and your daughter. Thanks for putting the warning signs up, I knew them already....but everybody should know them...sadly that also happened in my family...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry to read this, how frightening and extremely sad.
    My heart goes out to your daughter and of course to him.
    Thinking of you as well.
    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janet, I'm so sorry to hear about this, he sounds pretty young to have a stroke.Let's hope that he pulls through and makes a good recovery. You will all be in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aloha Janet,
    You are in my thoughts and peace time tonight.
    I hope *D* recovers.
    PEace and hugs, Kai

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of good thoughts headed your way for you, your daughter and her friend. Will keep you in my prayers and thoughts...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love and prayers for your daughter and D!!! xooxoxo, Cinda (((((Janet))))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Janet, I'm so terribly sorry. That's sad and scary and I hope he will be able to recover with limited, if any, effects. A coma is very scary, but medicine and therapy are amazing. My heart is aching for you, your daughter and her friend and his family. Many good vibrations coming your way from Michigan.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Janet, I'm so sorry to read this. I'm very familiar with strokes and I understand completely, your daughters sadness and confusion, not to mention the pain I know you are feeling for both of them. Please remember, every thought is a prayer. Annie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Janet, So sorry to hear this news about your daughters friend. Well keep you all in my thoughts. Love Hugs and Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  12. Janet
    I will be thinking of your daughter and D. I am so saddened by this, and I am hoping that he gets well again. Thinking of you too, it is so very hard to see our own children distraught and suffering...it takes a huge toll on us.
    Keep well,
    Xoxox
    Gillian

    ReplyDelete
  13. My prayers for you all, I know about stroke, it seems to run in parts of my family.
    This is very sad for your Daughter & D life can sure turn upside down sometimes.
    That was so nice to list the signs of stroke.
    I am holding your hand, walk slowly, we will be here, Love, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  14. Janet, I am sending my prayers your way. I am so sorry to hear. Such scary stuff. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry to hear this sad new…
    Hope he is doing better by now..
    Sending you and yours positive thoughts ….


    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Janet! I'm so sorry for your daughter and her friend. More women than men suffer strokes every year. It was a great thing that you posted the warning signs.

    xx Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!