Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Some Beautiful Words....

Quite some time ago I came across the following quote and thought it was very beautiful. With all that's happened recently in our family and in others I decided to share this with you....


"Death is nothing at all. It does not count. I have only slipped away into the next room. Nothing has happened. Everything remains exactly as it was. I am I, and you are you, and the old life that we lived so fondly together is untouched, unchanged. Whatever we were to each other, that we are still. Call me by the old familiar name. Speak of me in the easy way which you always used. Put no difference into your tone. Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow. Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes that we enjoyed together. Play, smile, think of me, pray for me. Let my name be ever the household word that it always was. Let it be spoken without an effort, without the ghost of a shadow upon it. Life means all that it ever meant. It is the same as it ever was. There is absolute and unbroken continuity. What is this death but a negligible accident? Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight? I am but waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near, just round the corner. All is well." -Taylor Caldwell

10 comments:

  1. Oh dear girl - that is awesome...I will remember that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that. For a very long while (10 years), I facilitated grief support groups for children in middle school. We always looked for words that were appropriate to begin a meditation or a discussion. I wish I'd had those when I was there, and am going to save them for when I return. For I will return -- it was the most valuable work I have ever done or will do.

    I wish you strong, silent companions on your journey, who listen and care with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meaningful words, Janet. I will keep note of them also. Hopefully, they will bring comfort to you and your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am doing 'catch up' and am so sorry to read the sad news here.
    i hope you daughter is well and my thoughts spread from here to there
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry Janet. I will be sending healing thoughts your way and your daughter's way. I Love the Taylor Caldwell quote. I Love all the art you have done recently too.
    Big Hugs!!!!
    xoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry about the sad news...

    What a wonderful quote. Those words are a gift..

    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some beautiful and wise words, Janet. That's how I've been dealing with my own loss. Life does goes on, and to feel privileged to have touched a ceertain soul that is not anymore with us is just fantastic. As I said, a day at a time.
    Kisses from Nydia.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Though I've read some of Taylor Caldwell's writing before, I don't recall ever reading this quote - it's beautiful, and feels so true. Thank you for sharing that, Janet.
    Wishing peace and comfort, to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this quote. It it right on time too. I am printing it out so I can make a card with it for my aunt. I am sorry for your loss. We had some bad news in our family again too. But a bit of good news, I have a friend who wants to buy a new piece of my art I have not shown on my blog so that made my morning. I will be on vacation on a farm away from the computer & probably going thru withdrawls!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been reading here and feeling so sad... for your dd's loss. Those words in that piece though are just so uplifting and I'm going to save them as I still need to hear things like this after my losses last year. inspiring words.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!