Monday, May 19, 2008

Some (Maybe) Interesting Things About Me....

I've been tagged by Sherrie over at Happy Tiler to do this meme so here goes....

1. What were you doing 10 years ago?
HB and I were in Colorado Springs, CO but getting ready to spend the summer in Crystal Lake, Il....where I would meet my dear friend, Kathy! I was doing a lot of watercolored cards and making little crocheted bags. I know this because I went back to my journals and found an entry for May 18th (closest I could get)1998!

This is one of my cards from back then....



And here are a couple of my little bags....



2. What are 5 things on your "To Do" list?

1. Finish cleaning the garage. HB and I worked on it this weekend.
2. Finish my project for extra gifts on "The Pink Project"
3. Answer some emails.
4. Try some new art technique.
5. Try to stay cool....it's going to be over a 100ยบ again today!!

3. What are 5 snacks you enjoy? (In no specific order)

1. Ice cream....coffee or butter pecan
2. Chocolate
3. Peanut butter cookies
4. Caramel anything!
5. Popcorn

Now here's the kicker!! Everything on that list is a no-no for me now! I have so many tummy problems that my every day snack now is low-fat soda crackers!

4. Name some things you would do if you were a millionaire. As Sherrie said on her list, a million doesn't go very far these days but if I had unlimited money this is what I would do....

1. Buy my daughter a house and a car.
2. Buy my son a house and a car.
3. Make sure my grandkids could go to college anywhere they chose.
4. Give to the less fortunate and make it an on-going thing.
5. Take lots and lots of art classes!!

5. Name some places where you've lived. It would probably be easier to list places I haven't lived but here goes....

1. Decatur, Il....born there
2. Glendale, CA
3. Colorado Springs, CO
4. Edmonds, WA
5. Albuquerque, NM

6. Name some bad habit you have. Oh, sure! Make me 'fess up, huh!

1. I spend waaaay too much time late at night playing games on the computer!
2. I can procrastinate myself right out of the mood to do something.
3. I spend waaaay too much money on books....we've talked about this before!
4. When I am really mad I have a potty mouth! It doesn't happen often but when I do get mad, take cover!!
5. I have trouble throwing things away.

7. Name some jobs you've had.

1. Telephone operator for Illinois Bell (my first job ever)
2. Real estate sales (back in the 70's)
3. Bartender
4. Online bookseller
5. Office manager for a coffee importer/coffee service

8. Name those whom you are tagging.

Anyone who wants to play along!! I always hate to tag people but if you want to do this be sure to let me know so I can come read your answers.

And a little side note....I put a new drawing up on my Artopia blog. The link to it is in the upper right side of this blog.

17 comments:

  1. You made that beautiful card! (Did I hear you say that you were wondering if you could consider yourself an artist!)

    Well, if nothing else - that card proves it!!! :)

    It's always interesting to read these little tidbits about each other isn't it????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your crocheted bags!!
    Tummy problems are no good - and sugar is sooooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janet, it was almost 2 years ago that I first commented here, you had done a post about past jobs, and I had identified with you working as a telephone op.
    Loved the answers here..I have a potty mouth too, when provoked, but not in front of the children..lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooooooo love the mememememememe
    and the card is pretty and i am loving your moleskin art, you are a gem girl shine shine shine.
    Google - altered diva (karyn gartel) that is who i took an online course with.
    ANg

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mum passed on her potty mouth to moi, I think it's genetic. But not in front of the kids! lol
    YOur answers are amazing.
    New Mexico? You should do a post about what it was like to live there. I am interested.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. great sharing Janet. I love the card AND the bags. would love to do the meme but not sure at the moment. I'll let you know if I give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Janet, thanks for the kind words you left on my site. Glad that you like to visit! I love your site too, you are so talented, love your drawings, I especially like the recent one you did of the woman from the magazine. She is beautiful! Hugs***Renea

    ReplyDelete
  8. The bags and card are beautiful! The bags look like a major labor of love. I think we really are related. I have a bad tummy too.

    Hugs! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. those crochet bags are lovely - I am hoping to learn crochet soon!- just joined a craft group!

    I enjoyed reading your meme, it is so interesting to read about others.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh I really enjoyed reading this!! Those bags are fabulous. My friend Lynda made me about three of them about eleven years ago, not as fancy as yours though. I put my scrabble tiles in them. I always think of her when I had that game out!
    Thanks again for playing along. I too hate to tag people but I like this one a lot!
    Hugs Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your life is so much more interesting than mine! I love these things -- partly to know one another, partly because they help us look into ourselves!

    I don't crochet -- I am impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That watercolour card is fabulous!

    I prefer not to be tagged, thanks. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your "Thinking of you " card, Janet.
    I had tummy problems for years, literally. Then one day I had ONE really sharp pain -- nothing else, so the next day ambled off to the doctor and they put me in the hospital immediately for gall bladder surgery! I have not has ANY tummy troubles since! What a blessing to be able to eat almost anything!

    ReplyDelete
  14. this was such an entertaining read. :) Those crocheted bags are AWESOME! I love to crochet, but unfortunately can't read a pattern to save my life (but, if you show me once, I'll remember it always) so I am limited in my capabilities. I would love to be able to make those bags. Please excuse me while a drool just a moment longer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Somehow I just knew you were a card maker, you could make alot of money....right?
    I love reading about you, I may give this one a try.
    Your Friend, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just love this post, Janet... I still have tears in my eyes from laughing, especially about your bad habits, which I share in spades! Every time I read your blog, two things happen... 1) I sense that sister-hood we've mentioned previously and 2) your wry humor makes me happy! Oh, and regarding sisterhood or twinship, ditto your snack list. Reading this post makes me want to have two blogs too... one personal, like this, and one art blog... no time now... but it's on the back burner! Be well, dear sister!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That card is absolutely beautiful!!!

    Wow - Crystal Lake?! That's about a 10-15 minute drive from our house! :-) Small world!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!