Thursday, June 26, 2008

A Discovery Worth Seeing....

Recently I did a post where I discussed the fact that I don't usually enjoy poetry....the kind where I read it, scratch my head, read it again, and still don't have the foggiest idea of what the writer was trying to say.

With that in mind, you may be surprised when I now tell you that I've just discovered a blog, written mostly in rhyme, and it's just wonderful! I think she lives in South Africa but I could be wrong....but wherever she lives, you should go by and have a peek at her blog. I think you will enjoy it. Her poems are wonderful and you don't have to scratch your head!! Here is where you'll find her. Stop by and say "hello" and tell her you came from my blog. I think it will make her happy to have new visitors. And let me know if you enjoyed it as much as I did.

Hugs,

8 comments:

  1. Aloha Janet,
    well isnt she a delight, I read a few of her works.. Love the *worlds oldest blogger* lol.
    thank you for sharing.. How are you doing?
    PEace, Kai xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great blog to read. Thank you for pointing us to her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE poetry soOOOOOo I will be checking her out later! Finally I'm back to visiting Blogs again! and Happy Anniversary!!!!I'll be emailing YOU this evening about helping me do something on my Blog again! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sure did enjoy her poems. I love poems. I am so very glad your feeling better. You have been in my thoughts alot I am trying so hard to have some free time so I can finish some projects and one of them is for you. So bear with me and my life will settle down soon and you will get a package in the mail from me when you least expect it.
    xoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Janet! I'm glad you made it by to "hear" the wedding story ... it was a lot of fun remembering and I was pretty thrilled when I found my Omi's weddding pictures ... the wedding was in February 1942, there was snow on the ground and the carriage was white - this info I just learned from my moo (aka mom). :)

    I need to visit the other wedding parties, but am excited about checking out your blog recommendation.

    Cheers! ~M~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janet,
    I love poems! Thanks for showing me her blog Janet! She is very talented.
    *HUGS*
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did read about her trip. Sounds like my monday. Thanks for sharing her quirky poem. Have a great weekend. Hugs***Renea

    ReplyDelete
  8. Janet, you totally crack me up when you say things like this, "read a poem, scratch my head"...or the one about journals being deep, etc. You are so funny! I love that you are so versatile and that you try to get out of your comfort zone and explore new things!
    Thannks for sharing this link! It's wonderful! It put a smile on my face, just like you do!
    hugs my friend, xoxoxo Lia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!