Monday, August 18, 2008

I Got a Gold Card!!!

Did you all have a good weekend? Did you do lots of art? I hope so 'cause I'm ready to look at lots and lots of art today! I'll be coming around to visit so look out!

Last week I mentioned that Serena had given me an award....the BFF Gold Card. You can see I've added it over on the right side of my blog. Thank you so much, Serena!



The BFF Gold Card stands for Blogging Friends Forever so I really love getting this one, and I'm torn about passing it on because there are so many people who I wish I could give it to....everyone who comes here to visit me deserves this award but the rules say....

1. 5 people are allowed to receive this award.
2. Four dedicated followers of your blog.
3. One is to be new to your blog and live in another part of the world.
4. Please link back to whoever gave you the award.

So here goes....the first one will go to Gail because she is my BFF, best friend forever. We've been friends since we were about 9 years old and believe me that's a looooong time!!

Next one goes to Shop Girl. Thanks for always leaving me such wonderful comments and for keeping in touch with me no matter what.

Next is for Betzie. Thanks for encouraging me and inspiring me and always coming to visit my blog.

Then one goes to Mary. Thanks for also inspiring me and for hanging in there with me for such a long time. I always love seeing your comments.

And last, the one new (newer) reader from another part of the world would have to be Seuss's Cat from the UK. Thanks for your comments and for continuing to visit my blog.

I could give this out to everyone since you're all my BFF's. I love the blogging community and all the support and encouragement that everyone brings to it. So if you're reading this consider yourself my BFF and you're welcome to have the award, too.

********************************************

Now here's a little bit of art I did over the weekend....



Have a great Monday!!

14 comments:

  1. Thanks very much for my Gold Card. I feel very honoured to receive it and love coming to read your blog just as it makes me happy to see your comments when you visit mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really got a kick out of this drawing. Is it Fall already? lol. I can't wait to check out all those blogs!

    Love,
    Alberta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet - I love,love, love your tree. It's so good to have you back in gear again!

    Thanks for your comment. In answer to your question I use Prismacolor wax-based pencils - not the watercolor ones. They are a delight to use. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the tree but it also made me think of a woman with leaves for hair. Am I crazy? Wait, don't answer that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Janet,
    I'll try and get this done this week. I find I waste some time when I don't make deadlines for myself, but we all need down time also, so I'm taking some.

    I love that tree!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much Janet!!! I love your blog and need a little motivation to write something on mine, so this is just the ticket! I'll try to get to it soon and thank-you again for thinking of me!!
    I love your tree. You know when I first saw it today, I thought what a neat looking hat!!! I thought the trunk was a woman's neck and the leaves were her hat and the leaf down on her neck was a bird!!! I thought you'd drawn just the back side of her to show off the hat...crazy me! Can you tell my eyesight is going??!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Janet on receiving the blogging award!Love who you chose to pass it onto as well. The tree that you made is outstanding!
    Thanks for sharing with us!
    *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for the Gold Card
    and I won't have to worry about making any payments. I come to your blog evey time I come on line but I do not always leave a comment
    Since we live so far apart it is one way to feel connected. Loved the tree and can see how it could be the back of a lady.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for participating in the award, Janet. I love your tree and it's really neat how the leaves are all different designs...very effective! I need to incorporate more designs in my zentangles.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I havent seen this award before - its a nice one and you deserve it! Glad to see you off and running again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats to you Janet! What a nice award. Love your drawing, always so much detail, can't wait to see what you come up with next. Hugs***Renea

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations to you Janet, on the award, and to the other Gold Card recipients, as well.
    Love the leaves!
    Not so much art done this weekend here - just 'taking care of business.'

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love love love love the tree! All your patterns and the contrast with the black leaf... LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all the patterns in the leaves!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!