Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A Little Bit of Success....

I worked in a couple of my art journals today. In answer to a question, when I said I was working on three journals at once....no, that isn't all the journals I have going! Just the ones I'm working on right now.

Here is a trial and error spread that I did using some armor as suggested in Sarah's tutorial....I have another journal where I'm working on this same theme but these two pages were where I tested things. I don't like how these turned out but I learned some things and won't make the same misteakes on my other journal.



This journal is fairly small and has lightweight paper so it's just for testing things.

Then while I was on a roll (cinnamon with icing!) I worked on one of the unfinished pages from a few days ago. Here it is....



I got really frustrated because I was looking for certain words in my magazines and couldn't find what I wanted. I finally just wrote in the "who you are" but I actually wanted it to say "Discover yourself"

Then I did these next two pages just because....



In case you can't see the quote, it reads: "i beg you...to have patience with everything unresolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves as if they were locked rooms or books written in a very foreign language. don't search for the answers, which could not be given you now, because you would not be able to live them. and the point is, to live everything. live the questions now. perhaps then, someday far in the future, you will gradually, without ever noticing it, live your way into the answer..." It's by Rainer Maria Rilke

And here is the facing page....



If you see this, Lila, that pear in the teacup is for you!! When I saw it you immediately came to mind!

Ok, that's all the journal pages I did for now. I did do something in my moleskine last night....



She's kind of weird and a bit sad looking but she's what appeared on the page! Now I'm off to the studio again. It's been hot today but I'm hangin' in there!

18 comments:

  1. Hi J - Third picture from the top - very much like the elegence of this page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Janet, I am liking your collages!

    I think that the bottom-most blue and green one is one of the nicest collages I have ever seen, bar none.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your "just because" spreads! That quote is beautiful too. Great work.

    *hugs*
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good Janet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the blues and greens are lovely,

    your collages are great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I quite love those aqua pages. You are dedicated. I think I want to draw everyday but somehow find reasons not to. You, on the other hand, have three plus journals going. This will be my inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janet,

    Your pages are awesome..... You really have the hang of this now. Doesn't that feel great.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  8. Janet I love what you've been creating!The page with the quote from
    "Rainer Maria Rilke" speaks to me!
    Beautifully done!hugs NG

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the turquoise pages. And your lovely lady looks sad because the star reminds one of a teardrop. Rainer Maria Rilke is always quotable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay - it's good to see you back in gear again. Your pages are so pretty. Those moss greens and teal or peacock blues look wonderful together - and who'd have thought armour would make for such designer spreads!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're on a roll my friend! I am drawn to the 2 blue pages especially- all the various hues are SO lovely...and that quote really spoke to me.
    I can't wait to see more!!!
    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are really doing it!!! Making journal pages! Getting looser every day! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your journal pages...
    I always love anything you create--you're so talented! :-) Very inspiring, and very gracious of you to always share with us all...

    I've been so far removed from my creative self, during this paper trail and adoption classes I've been focused on...I'm itching and ready to get back into my art room!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think your journal should be about what speaks to you. If it's pictures more than words so what? Do you enjoy going back to look at them? For me that is the question. I don't want ones I will never want to see again once it's filled. I want it to point to things that matter to me. I tend to leave out a lot of soul stuff and stick with fun stuff. Maybe I'll search my soul at some point and I've marked Sarah's blog in my favorites but not right now. Have fun with what you do however you do it. That is what matters.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am loving your collages...wow! impressive stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now here is the Janet I know...really great collages, as always your art says so much.
    Love you friend, mary

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW...you're not only back in gear, girl.....you're speeding down that highway of creativity! I LOVE your pages...especially the blue-green (my favourite colour blend) layout. Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!