Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Better Late Than Never....

I'm very very very late doing this....I was tagged by Louise just about the time I took my blogging break! I'm just now getting around to doing it! This was a fun tag to do.

Which brings me to this subject....I have been tagged numerous times to do that tag where you tell six or seven weird/unusual/odd things about yourself but I've already done this tag so many times in the past that I can't think of anything else to add. So with this tag today I'm calling for an end to tags on this blog. I love doing them when they're new and different but I can't usually think of interesting answers. So I am asking to please be let off the hook on future tags. Thanks!!



image from here

1. What are your nicknames?
In high school I was Jake, I've been called Jan, HB calls me "Ja-neigh"....sort of French sounding but mostly just plain Janet is what everyone calls me.

2. What game show and/or reality show would you like to be on?
I don't watch game shows or reality shows except for Dancing With the Stars and I definitely would NOT want to be on there!!

3. What was the first movie you bought in VHS or DVD?
I have absolutely no idea! I don't usually buy movies....VHS or DVD.

4. What is your favorite scent?
I like jasmine and gardenia flowery smells, but then I also like the smell of coffee brewing, and just about anything baking.

5. If you had a million dollars that you could only spend on yourself, what would you do with it?
I'd buy a small house and build a huge art studio out back, then fill it with every kind of art supply there is, along with books, books, and more books! And I'd take every art class I could find.

6. What one place have you visited that you can't forget and want to go back to?
Yosemite....it's one of my most favorite places ever.

7. Do you trust easily?
That depends. If my gut instinct tells me it's ok then I do but if not then I don't.

8. Do you think before you act, or act before you think?
I do both at different times. I can be very spontaneous and just jump right in but then I'm also very cautious at times and think about things too much!

9. Is there anything that has made you unhappy these days?
Not really. Except maybe for the current financial mess.

10. Do you have a good body image?
The image I have is great....but reality isn't! What's in my head doesn't match what I see in the mirror!!

11. What is your favorite fruit?
Oh, that's tough to single out just one. I love fruit. Watermelon is one of my favorites, or most any other melons....and berries....strawberries, blackberries, blueberries. Yum!

12. What websites do you visit daily?
Not many unless you include blogs....then it would be too many to list here!

13. What have you been seriously addicted to lately?
I'm not sure I have any real addictions....except buying books and art supplies!!

14. What kind of person do you think the person who tagged you is?
Vivacious, creative, friendly, and down-to-earth.

15. What's the last song that got stuck in your head?
Probably some commercial jingle.

16. What's your favorite item of clothing?
My purple jacket and my Dansko shoes.

17. Do you think Rice Krispies are yummy?
That's an odd question! But, yes, I like Rice Krispies.

18. What would you do if you saw $100 lying on the ground?
If there was no other person around that could have dropped it, I'd probably pick it up. Actually when HB and I were on a trip once, he got out to make a phone call at a pay phone (cell was dead) during a huge rainstorm and he looked down and there was $200 laying on the ground!! The phone was in a fairly remote area and there was nothing and no one around. We did a few extra things on that trip!!

19. What items could you not go without during the day?
Ice cold water, my glasses, and books.

20. What should you be doing right now?
Since I'm doing this after HB has gone to bed (last night) absolutely nothing!! This is "my" time.

I hope no one is offended by what I said about not wanting to do any more tags right now.

12 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your responses to the tag questions, Janet. I understand the 'tag free zone' too as I've thought about declaring that a few times on my own blog. They are fun to do but it can get a little time consuming when a few are circulating at one time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I will put that on my blog also.
    I know people mean well when they send these out but I find it quite tiresome at the best of times.
    I would love to know who thinks them up in the first place and designs the logo to go with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your response to the body image~that sound slust like me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your banner! Tags? I was very excited when I was first tagged (someone had at last noticed me!) but I do agree that they can be time consuming (together with awards) and I feel under pressure to 'do the job'. But all is meant well and I suppose the blogging world is evolving all the time with tags, prizes, special days and themes. Pretty exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Although I always enjoy reading them when others do them - and I enjoyed reading this one too - but doing them myself is a completely different thing altogether!
    T applaud your brave honesty, Janet - thanks for paving the way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops - THAT was a weird typo - that was suppsoed to be 'I applaud' not 'T applaud'! Makes it sound like I'm talking in the third person or something... :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Janet,

    Thanks for doing this; it was fun reading your answers..
    Love the body image answer…

    I so understand the tag free zone… the tell seven things about yourself
    Always makes me freeze with fear….I hate doing that one…

    I am on a blog break at this time and stopped by to find the link about the
    Classes your are taking….I hope I am not to late to sign up for the journal one..

    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great list and you had some great answers. I think declaring a tag free zone is certainly your prerogative and no one should be offended by it. I personally like getting tagged because it's a really easy way of getting a post in!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All I can say is...I LOVE your "tag free zone" banner. If I had another blog, I'd have one. Other than that, ...Hi Janet. Miss you! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't care for tags either as I never know what to say. But you are always great at them.
    Its always so interesting to me to read your answers and they always make me chuckle.
    Happy Halloween, Janet!!!
    xoxooxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't gone tag-free yet but I might. I've been lucky enough to be tagged twice at a time so it's cut down on answers. You are right that it's fun at first but then you can't think of anything new and you don't want to bother anyone else sooooo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, I loved these -- I always enjoy reading these. But you're right -- they can get to you. I know -- I've passed them on, and am vowing not to anymore! (By the way, "Dancing" is one of my faves, but I'd LOVE to be a contestant. I'd probably kill myself, but dancing is something I love and I might actually lose weight!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!