By now you all know I can't resist a meme! Recently Giggles did this one and I thought I'd give it a try. If anyone wants to do this feel free to do so....it's a finish the sentence meme.
1. My uncle once (actually more than once) played Santa Claus for his community. Everyone would give him the gifts ahead of time and on Christmas Eve he went around to all the houses and gave them to the children.
2. Never in my life have I ever touched a snake!
3. When I was five my parents were my world. As an only child I spent most of my time with my parents....or alone. I lived in a cocoon-like world, very protected and shielded from everything.
4. High school was intimidating! I was not one of the "in" crowd, was very shy, and walked around most of the time with my head down!
5. I will never forget to keep an open mind. I like to learn new things, learn about different cultures, see how others live, and just keep learning whatever comes my way.
6. Once I sent a tumbleweed through the mail!! You can read about it here!! It's rather timely since it's hurricane season again!
7. There’s this boy I know who is growing up so fast and becoming a young man....he's my grandson! He's my youngest grandchild but he's not a little kid anymore! He's in high school (home schooling) and getting very tall, his voice has changed and he sounds very grown up. Where do the years go??
8. Once, at a bar, I pretended to be someone else. A guy I dated liked to act out different scenes and pretend to be different people so we would go to a bar, decide ahead of time who we would be, and then we would go in and act out whatever kind of characters we were supposed to be! It was a lot of fun and sometimes got a lot of attention....I think that was his whole thing!
9. By noon I hope I've accomplished something artsy! It's supposed to be 103º today so if it isn't done by noon, chances are I won't be doing it!!
10. Last night I played with Photoshop. Still trying to learn it!!
11. If only I was born a computer geek! Then all this would come easy to me.
12. Next time I go to church it will probably be for a wedding or a funeral!
13. What worries me most is the safety and happiness of my kids.
14. When I turn my head left I see a window looking out onto our side yard.
15. When I turn my head right I see the new printer, the telephone, and LuLu sleeping on the side desk.
16. You know I’m lying when I don't want to look you in the eye.
17. What I miss most about the Eighties is my youth!! I had a lot of fun in the 80's....and some bad times, too.
18. If I were a character in "Lost" I'd want to be the love interest for either Sayid or Sawyer or Jin!! Of course, they'd have to do some fancy magic with the makeup to make me look young enough for them but that's their problem!!
19. By this time next year I hope we can sell our house and move to TN.
20. A better name for me would be Miss Routine! I like my routines and always have trouble adjusting to changes.
21. I have a hard time....see above!!
22. If I ever go back to school it will be to study art.
23. You know I like you if I I talk to you! I rarely spend much time talking to people I don't like.
24. If I ever won an award, the first person I would thank would be HB. He's been very supportive of me from the beginning and he always encourages me in whatever I do.
25. Take my advice; don't let your age be a stumbling block to anything you want to do.
And just so there's a continuation of the "age" thing, last night I was trying to draw an older woman....
I'm not completely happy with it but it's a start.