Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Black Cat and a Question....

I mentioned in my last post that my little point and shoot camera has quit working. It's the one I use most of the time. We have the Rebel XTi but HB uses that one because I don't have much luck with all the dials and settings that it requires! I'm the kind of person that wants to just pick up the camera and click a button and that's all! Oh, I know, I don't get the best photos that way but I don't have a lot of patience when it comes to cameras.

You're probably asking why this makes any difference right now....I was recently in a black cat swap and my black cat arrived yesterday afternoon. I meant to have HB take a photo of it when he got home but I forgot. And wouldn't you know, today he took the camera with him to work! He does that sometimes....you remember the photos of the wind farm.


image from the internet

So I have this adorable little black cat that I received from Kai and I have no photo to show you today....that's why I put the image from the internet up there! But as soon as I get one I'll show you 'cause my black cat is much cuter than that picture above!! Thanks, Kai! I love it. Now I just have to put it up high enough to keep it away from Harley and LuLu!!

In the meantime, any great suggestions on a really good point and shoot camera? My old one was a Kodak. Also I have a "technical" question for any of you. I don't know anything about this kind of thing, as you'll see from my question....I have most of my photos stored in the Kodak program that came with the camera. If I buy another brand of camera and install that program will I still be able to open those Kodak photos? And if I buy another Kodak and install the new program will it erase the old one along with any photos that are stored there?

I'm such a dunce when it comes to stuff like this!

12 comments:

  1. Your stuff will be saved, but if you don't buy the same model, it will probably create a new folder. That's okay - it will all work out and you shouldn't lose a thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you read the Pioneer Woman Photography Thread? One of her writers recently gave a lesson using her point and shoot...another Canon:

    http://thepioneerwoman.com/photography/2008/10/basic-macro-tips/

    That camera gets really great reviews too...Read the posts around that post and learn more about it. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogger is awesome...thanks for cutting my link off...

    hope it comes through in your email ok. If not, email me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I had my computer worked on & did not lose any of my photos. I wouldn't think you would either. I mainly use Picasa now because it is easier for me. I think what Lynda said was right. My step daughter had to get a new digital which I know came with a new software for it even though she loved her old camera. Hope this helps. Oh & my word verification was "tatedoll". LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. It shouldn't be a problem switching brands and/or programs. But if you're not sure, why not save your photos on CDs or DVDs?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry your camera stopped working. I would be at a loss too if mine did. I have a Sony Cybershot that I ADORE! It is my second generation and I will probably stick with these. It is a point and shoot and is about the size of a credit card! I LOVE it!!! Good luck in your choice!!! (Make sure you look at the pixel, mine is 8.1.) xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet there is a way to do it all. Me, I'm going to get a Mac anyway. So, I have to learn all new stuff, but I figure it will make new brain cell synapse so it will be a good thing. I'm also going to do over my HTML courses when I get used to it and do it the Mac way. So, I'm not up on this question.

    I hope to be visiting again now as I finished my HTML course last evening. Whew!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pics will still be there. I'm also in the market for a new camera. I wonder what would be a good one? I have a kodak easy share but I want something a little more powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have a Nikon CoolPix which has been an excellent camera but is now dying a slow and miserable death. All of the Mountain Man's sisters have Canon sure shots. My mom has the Kodak easy share and she loves it. Some friends have a very cute little Fuji which takes excellent pictures. Once again I'm faced with too many options.
    Sorry I can't be a bit of help. We're in the same boat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aloha Janet,
    It's fine, I think I can visualize..
    yes the vision is coming..
    ohmmm...ohmmmm..
    OH, what a cute black cat!!
    lol.. Im glad you like it..
    Peace, Kai xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't know you were back with us Ms. Janet. I think what Lynda said is true. Plus most digital pictures save as jpegs and you can open them with alot of programs. Paint shop Pro and Photoshop.
    I want a little point and shoot camera to carry in my purse. I borrow hubby's and I like it. I think its a casio, but it makes great pics.
    Glad your back!
    xoxoxoxooxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!