Friday, October 24, 2008

A Little of This and a Pinch of That....

Even though I'm "technically" back from my blog break I still haven't had much to say. Anyone who knows me will find that hard to believe!! I usually talk a mile a minute.

But I did see something on another blog that I wanted to pass on to you for consideration. The first is from Kathy and it's for a good cause....knitting or crocheting a scarf for The Special Olympics. You can read about the specifics here. It doesn't have to be anything fancy or intricate but it does have to be done in Delft blue and white....the colors of The Special Olympics. So if you can knit or crochet please consider this worthwhile project.

Another thing I saw was on Serena's blog and it was one of my favorite things....a quiz thingie!! Here's my result....




You Need Some Purple in Your Life



Purple will make you feel ambitious, independent, and creative.

And with a little purple, you will project an aura of individuality.

If you want more extravagance, you've got to get a little purple in your life!



For extra punch: Combine purple with green or orange



The downside of purple: It can evoke sad feelings



The consequences of more purple in your life:



You will feel an increase in your artistic abilities

You will find balance in the most chaotic parts of your life

You will feel calm and will be hard to disturb



What a perfect color to need more of!! You all know I'm a purple gal anyway so this was just icing on the cake.

And last but definitely not least, I won a giveaway over on Vallen's blog. Go there to see a much better photo as mine is from the scanner....my little point and shoot camera bit the dust! Here's what I won....



The pretty, fuzzy brooch was the giveaway but Vallen is so generous....she included the wonderful felt necklace plus some yummy drawing paper for me. I can't wait for sweater weather so I can wear my new brooch. Thanks, Vallen....I know I'm really late posting about this so please forgive me!

I'm still making the rounds of blogs so be patient with me....I'll get by to visit as soon as possible.

16 comments:

  1. Funny that YOU of all people need purple! My quiz came out as needing black. I will think of black crows, they are a good symbol!
    I love how the Alaska phot looks on your lavendar blog page!
    It is wonderful that your son is coming and may get to "work" in your art studio!
    Out to rake some leaves now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you, Miss Janet!!
    What a lovely thing to win :)
    It's so perfectly purple that you should need more purple in your day..lol..
    have a wonderful weekend.
    peace, Kai

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful winnings....congrats! And thank you for passing on the information on making scarves for Special Olympics. It means so much to the participants.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girlie! Stopped by to say hi, and checked out Margaret and Helen. Oh my gosh, hilarious!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janet,

    Its good to see you here again.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need black. Who knew? I love color and black is all the colors so thats good I guess.
    Glad to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i need blue!

    actually i love blue but greens and oranges of autumn have taken over ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Janet! I did the color quiz. Mine was orange which is not my color at all! I think it must be the season for the color. I posted it on my blog but forgot to give you credit for giving the idea to post the quiz. Sorry. Still it was fun/funny. I am thinking of doing something artistic with orange now. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Janet - just dropping by to say hello and to see what you are up to! Laughed at you getting purple - off to see what my colour is (my craft room walls are already purple)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sweetie, I took the test and I need more red in my life. I find that interesting since I painted my kitchen red and I seem to be buying red clothes....who knew???
    Your, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. You...purple...who would have guessed!
    Congratulations on your win.
    Hope you are well?
    hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Apparently I need some green.
    Lovely prizes - congratulations! Isn't it fun to win things?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a neat win! Love it! And you just radiate purple that's for sure here!
    Come visit me for some PINK talk today...:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I need purple also, LOL what a great giveaway,
    I hope you are doing well and living your life the way you want.
    ANg

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thats you for sure, you need purple. And how lucky you were to win that wonderful broach and necklace.
    xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. A felt necklace...how fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!