Monday, October 20, 2008

Ready or Not Here I Am!!

I had a nice loooong post all ready to go but Blogger ate it!! And I had "saved" it but it isn't here now. What gives??

I guess you'll get the short and sweet version so here goes....I enjoyed my time away from the blog but didn't get much done. I've learned something about myself and that is whatever I have to do, I'll use whatever amount of time I have to do it! So with all that "extra" time not spent on blogging, I just spread my other chores out over that time.

My painting classes are great and I'm having fun although all I've painted so far are a couple of backgrounds and laid down the gesso for a face on one of them. I have drawn a lot of faces (they're over on Artopia) and kept up with "The Big Draw" so that's good.

One afternoon last week, I had some time to play in the studio. That was the day I put down the gesso for a face....and I got all my face colors mixed up and was ready to go when the phone rang. It was my son calling from Alaska!!....so the paints sat there and dried up.


(image of Alaska from the internet)

He called with great news....he'll arrive on Nov 2 and be able to stay through the holidays!! We're all happy about that....plus he'll be here for his birthday, too.

While he's here I'm going to try to lure him back into art. As a kid he was a member of a young artist's group, and he continued on with art, taking some graphic art classes in college. But I don't think he's done anything art related in years. So I'm giving him free rein in the studio and we'll see what happens.

Ok, that's about all I can remember from my original post. And just so you know it's really me I've included one of those quiz thingies! For some reason it won't load up any closer so you might have to scroll down a bit.























You Are 84% Interesting





Believe it or not, you are a very fascinating person.

You're probably too busy being interesting to realize exactly how interesting you are.



You have a rich, full life. You are curious about the world, and you are very open to new experiences.

You have a lot to talk about, and people find you to be an amazing conversationalist.



And most importantly, you are truly interested in other people. How could anyone find that boring?

You truly listen and learn from others. You're not self absorbed or shallow.



20 comments:

  1. good to have you back!

    i am 64% interesting...thnk thats my introsepctive nature coming through!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to have you back! The photo is fabulous and I'm so very glad that your son is visiting. Wishing you well on the artist lures! It can happen at any time -- my cousin sounds much like her son, and now she's painting like a crazy lady after a 30 year absence!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aloha Janet, groovie, you're back :)
    I took your test, im a boring old foghie..lol.
    Im glad you'll have company for the holidays, sounds like you'll enjoy time with your son :) say hi to HB.

    PEace n hugs, Kai xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. We missed you! I took your personality test - I'm boring (yawn) haha

    I know you're looking forward to the visit from your son.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I only got 64%. Of course, they didn't want my explanations!

    That is so neat your son is coming home. What if you made him a handmade journal for drawing in? Would that be too out front? He'll be home for quite a while. You'll have time to draw him into art just having him sit with you while you draw.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't taken the quiz yet but will get around to it and tell you my scores. :) Welcome back Janet! :) I believe that you are very inspiring and an all around wonderful person. That's what I believe.Wonderful post! :) *HUGS*
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Janet! Glad your back. I have missed you! I haven't been so active with my blog either but I am ok with that. I am headed to see your art now!
    I so thrilled for you that your son is coming to see you and spending so much time with you. I know your so excited! I hope he will get back into the art scene again that would be so much fun for you both to share!
    Big Hugs!!!!
    xoxooxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back! Great news that your son can be there for such a nice long visit. You're the second person I've read today whose post got eaten by blogger. They must be working on the system or something.
    I am 80% interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Only 40% interesting.

    It's great that your son is coming for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so glad your son will be with you through the holidays....
    I always come to see if you are back and today you were, that is so good. I am leaving in a few minutes to help our craft group on some things for the Bazaar. Saturday is the big day for the ladies of our church. I will be there Friday helping to set up. It is so much fun, we laugh and enjoy seeing all the things that people have made.
    I know you are interesting and interested in life. I bet you are learning so much from the class.
    I will go see if I am interesting...Yikes!
    Your, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. by the way you have been tagged...if you want too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm just to chicken to take your test, I'm sure I'm way to Boring! Hope you have a great visit with your Son. I too will get to see my Son soon, as he is in Korea, and will be here Dec 5 to Jan 2. Nice to have you back! Hugs***Renea

    ReplyDelete
  13. You hope your son will return to art the way I hope my son will return to music. Well, whatever they do, we will both also be sharing the pleasure of having our loved ones with us at Christmas. xxoo Annie

    ReplyDelete
  14. That picture of Alaska is gorgeous - love those colors.
    So glad your son will be able to visit for the holidays. I can just imagine how much you must be looking forward to that!
    Took the quiz, and I came up with 84% interesting too - I swear I didn't copy yours! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm really glad to hear that your son is coming to stay and for a good long time as well. That's a fabulous photo of Alaska. I'm like silsticedreamer - only 64% interesting! And there was me thinking I was totally fascinating :):)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Welcome home, Janet!
    As for your absence away from our blogging family, you are forgiven! ;)
    we all need breaks, don't we?

    I won't even take the quiz. I'm afraid it will say
    B O R I N G.
    xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great to see you posting, Janet!

    Well done on doing The Big Draw. I'm thinking of signing up for NaBloPoMo challenge for November though there is another November challenge I'm considering instead.

    I'm 68% interesting...I expected it to be a lot less so I'm happy with that. :)

    How wonderful that your son is coming to visit....YAY! Hopefully, you will manage to steer him towards art again.

    Btw, on my blog, in the right hand column, you will find a tutorial on 'How to make a wet palette for use with acrylic paints'. It might help when you get distracted in the future as it was a shame your paints dried up while you were on the phone. My acrylics stay workable in this palette for days and it's so easy to make.

    I'll be looking forward to your next post....(((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was 68%...thats probably right...I just do what I can.
    Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  19. I was 68%...thats probably right...I just do what I can.
    Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  20. How lovely to ahve your sun coming home! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!